Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Nokia M1122

Nokia M1122

Kendrick McWha

Hi,

Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other mode
other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

Thanks.

Craig Whitmore

"Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other mode
> other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ

> Thanks.

Kendrick McWha

Hi,

Thanks, it is not going to be used in NZ. I've been given one of these
modems and am trying to use it in Australia. I know they are common in NZ so
that is why I posted here.

So my next question is how does one get it to change protocol. I can access
the modem as a user, but not as admin. I have a copy of the admin manual
which describes lots more functionality than I can see when I log onto it.

I can also telnet to it, using the napt-user password but have not been able
to find any area to adjust he connection protocol.

Thanks.

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f283c53$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other mode
> > other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

> Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ
>

> > Thanks.

Craig Whitmore

It will have the Telecom Admin password in it (ie it belongs to Telecom, so
you (or whoever you got it from) doesn't own it.
Just give it back to Telecom and make them happy..

Thanks
Craig

"Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, it is not going to be used in NZ. I've been given one of these
> modems and am trying to use it in Australia. I know they are common in NZ

so
> that is why I posted here.
>
> So my next question is how does one get it to change protocol. I can

access
> the modem as a user, but not as admin. I have a copy of the admin manual
> which describes lots more functionality than I can see when I log onto it.
>
> I can also telnet to it, using the napt-user password but have not been

able
> to find any area to adjust he connection protocol.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f283c53$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other

mode
> > > other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

> > Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ
> >

> > > Thanks.

Andrew

*Wonders why you seem so negative on this subject*

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f2890ff$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It will have the Telecom Admin password in it (ie it belongs to Telecom,

so
> you (or whoever you got it from) doesn't own it.
> Just give it back to Telecom and make them happy..
>
> Thanks
> Craig
>

> "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks, it is not going to be used in NZ. I've been given one of these
> > modems and am trying to use it in Australia. I know they are common in

NZ
> so
> > that is why I posted here.
> >
> > So my next question is how does one get it to change protocol. I can

> access
> > the modem as a user, but not as admin. I have a copy of the admin manual
> > which describes lots more functionality than I can see when I log onto

it.

> > I can also telnet to it, using the napt-user password but have not been

> able
> > to find any area to adjust he connection protocol.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3f283c53$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >

> > > "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> mode
> > >
> > > Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ

The Flash

You must be admin to change protocols, not alot of thes are still on rentals
with telecom yet often get upgraded or replaced. you may want to check that
you gift was infact owned by the giver and is not stll owned by telecom.

By using the serial link you can bypass both the user and admin password.

"Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, it is not going to be used in NZ. I've been given one of these
> modems and am trying to use it in Australia. I know they are common in NZ

so
> that is why I posted here.
>
> So my next question is how does one get it to change protocol. I can

access
> the modem as a user, but not as admin. I have a copy of the admin manual
> which describes lots more functionality than I can see when I log onto it.
>
> I can also telnet to it, using the napt-user password but have not been

able
> to find any area to adjust he connection protocol.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f283c53$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> > "Kendrick McWha" <kendrick.mcwha(AT)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anybody know if one can get a Nokia M1122 to run in any other

mode
> > > other than PPP, ie IPoA or Classic IP (CIP)?

> > Yes.. but you won't be able to use it in NZ
> >

> > > Thanks.

Enkidu

Telecom hasn't had them for ages. If you have one on hire from
Telecomm you are giving them $30 per month. If you still rent from
them you have been doing it for several years. You have probably paid
twice its value to Telecom.

Phone them and send it back. Buy a nice cheap one from Disk Smiths.
You will save the price in only a few months.

Cheers,

Cliff

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:19:15 +1200, "Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>It will have the Telecom Admin password in it (ie it belongs to Telecom, so
>you (or whoever you got it from) doesn't own it.
>Just give it back to Telecom and make them happy..
>
>Thanks
>Craig

The Flash

"Enkidu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Telecom hasn't had them for ages. If you have one on hire from
> Telecomm you are giving them $30 per month. If you still rent from
> them you have been doing it for several years. You have probably paid
> twice its value to Telecom.
>
> Phone them and send it back. Buy a nice cheap one from Disk Smiths.
> You will save the price in only a few months.

When it explodes / fails telecom will replace it, in effect you have a
warrantee in perpetuity for $30 a month, not cheap but not too bad really.