Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Scheduled Veritas Exec Does Not Run?

Re: Scheduled Veritas Exec Does Not Run?

Greg Townsend

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:09:31 +1200, "need2know" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In an office with a file server running W2000Prof and Veritas Backup Exec which should write to a 20Gb tape.
>It is scheduled to run at about 11pm mon-fri.
>Job runs the first time it is scheduled but not afterwards. No error message. Tried to reschedule and finally got an error regarding the "blank" password for the user so I set it to the builtin 'backup' user. I saved the job but when I went back in, it had reverted to the original username.
>I seem to recollect that there was a fault involving Outlook when the password kept falling off. The fix there was to make a change in the registry under the "protected storage" key. I was wondering if this might be something similar.
>Backup exec does not create a log entry for the failed run which seems to indicate that it doesnt even gert to start.
>
>Anyone?

DO NOT USE HTML IN USENE, ITS NOT ALOWED.

AD.

John Hornblow wrote:

> Back to good old flakey Backup exec...
> Check out the veritas website for patchs....
> or go arc serve (sp?)

As much as Veritas irritates me, suggesting arc-serve is just cruel!

Anton

Gavin Tunney

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:26:10 +1200, "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John Hornblow wrote:
>
>> Back to good old flakey Backup exec...
>> Check out the veritas website for patchs....
>> or go arc serve (sp?)

>As much as Veritas irritates me, suggesting arc-serve is just cruel!
>

>Anton

Aye, what a sadist....a real Hobsons choice there

I tried Arcserve 2000 once & never used it again. How backup software
can be so expensive yet so damnably bug ridden & user malevolent has
always mystified me....the more expensive it gets the worse it is IMO.

Gavin

AD.

Gavin Tunney wrote:

> I tried Arcserve 2000 once & never used it again. How backup software
> can be so expensive yet so damnably bug ridden & user malevolent has
> always mystified me....the more expensive it gets the worse it is IMO.

I reckon Computer Associates must be one of the worst software companies
around. Nearly everything of theirs is utter shite, and the longer they've
owned the product the worse it gets. They don't create much if anything
from scratch, they just buy it then progressively ruin it.

Cheers
Anton

Scheduled exec Mike ASP .Net 5 07-23-2006 01:55 PM
Runtime.exec(String[]) Doesn't Always Work, bBut Runtime.exec(String) Does Hal Vaughan Java 11 05-22-2006 04:49 PM
Error message on Veritas Backup Exec Ice Kool Computer Support 2 10-07-2004 02:48 PM
Re: Scheduled Veritas Exec Does Not Run? TEX NZ Computing 1 07-30-2003 11:45 AM

Advertisments