Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Team chat in games

Team chat in games

Julian Visch

R-Slicks wrote:

> My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
> other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
> hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
> thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

You can get walky talkies with head sets.

R-Slicks

--
DO NOT reply to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) - it is simply a spam catch.
You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"

Nicholas Sherlock

"R-Slicks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
> other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
> hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
> thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

I'd reccomend Roger Wilco. Alternatively, if you have 2 cordless phones on
the same line, try this:

1. Dial 137 on one phone, hang up.
2. When the phone is ringing, pick up phone 1, then phone 2.
3. Talk away! BTW: You are using up the phone line.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

m00se

R-Slicks wrote:
> My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
> other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
> hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
> thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

www.teamspeak.org

It will require one machine to run a small server app on it, but ive
used both RW and TS2 for a while now, and find the voice quality of
teamspeak far better.

Rider

"m00se" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f24446e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> R-Slicks wrote:
> > My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
> > other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
> > hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
> > thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?
> >

> www.teamspeak.org
>
> It will require one machine to run a small server app on it, but ive
> used both RW and TS2 for a while now, and find the voice quality of
> teamspeak far better.

Yep, Teamspeak rocks. Much better than RW

Rider

R-Slicks

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:53:45 +1200, R-Slicks <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My wife and I are getting fed up shouting across teh house to each
>other when playing mulitplayer games. Any specific recommendations for
>hardware/software to enable headsets to be used ? ie the MS GameVoice
>thing, Roger Wilco, etc ?

Cheers Guys,
I had tried RW a couple of years ago and it was 'ok'.
I'll defnitely check out teamspeak tho'
Thanks,
--
DO NOT reply to (E-Mail Removed) - it is simply a spam catch.
You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"