Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Two CDRW's and bundled Nero

Two CDRW's and bundled Nero

PC

Greetings all

I have an Asus 4012A CDRW and a LiteOn 48246S CDRW both of which came with
bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom Version 5.5.x.x.

As is well known bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom only recognise the CDRW
model they were sold with so my installed copy (the Asus one) won't
recognise the LiteOnd (though InCD seems to work fine with both) I suspect
if I remove the Asus copy and install the LiteOn copy the reverse will be
true.

Has anybody any pointers as to how I can convince the Nero Burning Rom
software how to recognise 'Both' drives. After all the software supplied
with each CDRW is a licenced copy.

Please reply to NG, email munged.

Cheers
Paul

Greg Townsend

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:39:30 +1200, "PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greetings all
>
>I have an Asus 4012A CDRW and a LiteOn 48246S CDRW both of which came with
>bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom Version 5.5.x.x.
>
>As is well known bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom only recognise the CDRW
>model they were sold with so my installed copy (the Asus one) won't
>recognise the LiteOnd (though InCD seems to work fine with both) I suspect
>if I remove the Asus copy and install the LiteOn copy the reverse will be
>true.
>
>Has anybody any pointers as to how I can convince the Nero Burning Rom
>software how to recognise 'Both' drives. After all the software supplied
>with each CDRW is a licenced copy.
>
>Please reply to NG, email munged.
>
>Cheers
>Paul

Simple only use one drive and sell the othere.

Gary

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:38:27 +1200, Ben Perston
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PC wrote:
>> Greetings all
>>
>> I have an Asus 4012A CDRW and a LiteOn 48246S CDRW both of which came with
>> bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom Version 5.5.x.x.
>>
>> As is well known bundled copies of Nero Burning Rom only recognise the CDRW
>> model they were sold with so my installed copy (the Asus one) won't
>> recognise the LiteOnd (though InCD seems to work fine with both) I suspect
>> if I remove the Asus copy and install the LiteOn copy the reverse will be
>> true.
>>
>> Has anybody any pointers as to how I can convince the Nero Burning Rom
>> software how to recognise 'Both' drives. After all the software supplied
>> with each CDRW is a licenced copy.
>>
>> Please reply to NG, email munged.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Paul

>Perhaps it'll be clever enough that if you install the new one over the
>old one, it'll work with both? Seems unlikely though.
>
>You might not not consider it unethical to download the current version
>of Nero and crack it.
>
>(Do you need two CD-RWs?)

When they put in all these security features that prevent easy use and
installation, I certianly would have no issue with cracking it, as you
have fully paid for it. I got a scanner replaced with a brand new one,
simply because the OCR software was unable to be unlocked, due to the
support people no longer being in NZ to provide me with a new code.

PC

> Has anybody any pointers as to how I can convince the Nero Burning Rom
> software how to recognise 'Both' drives.

Problem solved, thanks to all for your suggestions.
Paul

PC

Serial number

Cheers