Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Position of NOSPAM?

Position of NOSPAM?

Who is this

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, lily <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:44:27 +1200, Who is this wrote:
>
> > instead of http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> > you could try (E-Mail Removed)

> Are you clever enough to tell us what a "domanin" is ?
> <smirk>

Yes, a lack of caffine at a critical time !

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:58:27 +1200, in article
<35OTa.90736$(E-Mail Removed)>, Daniel Farley wrote:

> "Ralph Fox" <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed) ise.net.nz...

--snip--
> > If I were (hypothetically speaking) sufficiently unethical
> > to write as address harvesting program for spammers, I would
> > make it automatically pick up on "NOSPAM" and strip it from
> > the address.

--snip--

> hmm, so if i wasnt a spam free adress i should just use
> (E-Mail Removed) or whatevea.. they the spam havirsters stirp the
> nospam. and people that just hit email me. get thorugh.
>
> expent there's probily some spam haversiters that dont strip the no spam.

If you put the "nospam" _after_ the "@", I would (hypothetically
speaking) just check which domain (with or without the "nospam")
was a valid email domain.

If you put the "nospam" _before_ the "@", then I would (hypothetically
speaking) send in both versions of the email address (with _and_
without the "nospam") and maybe make US$20 (*).

(*) I received a spam 6 days ago offering me US$10 for each
email address that I collect. I have no intention of
following it up, but I'm sure some people would.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:18:00 +0000, Ralph Fox wrote:

> If you put the "nospam" _after_ the "@", I would (hypothetically
> speaking) just check which domain (with or without the "nospam")
> was a valid email domain.

Most spam scrapers know the common variants like nospam or spam and remove
them automatically.

Scrapers have a great deal more difficulty with plussed addresses or
things like

Fronm: (E-Mail Removed)

and a text line saying "remove your knickers to reply"