Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Half Life 2

Half Life 2

Nicholas Sherlock

"L.Ranger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> >
> > Anyone got any screenies?

> The movies give a better impression.
>
> Check in here
>
> http://tinyurl.com/i3iv

I'm on 56k though

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

L.Ranger

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

> "L.Ranger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone got any screenies?

> > The movies give a better impression.
> >
> > Check in here
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/i3iv

> I'm on 56k though

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...reenindex.html

Ben Perston

SNOman wrote:

> Any idea what the minimum PC specs will be?

If you check out the Gamespot preview, specifically the final page:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...6026488-5.html

"That is, the minimum specs for the game should be around a 700MHz
Pentium III with a TNT graphics card. Valve designed the engine for the
lowest common denominator because its close ties with the huge community
of Counter-Strike players gave it the impression that a large number of
the game's potential fans still have old systems. We ourselves saw the
game engine running on a 2GHz Pentium 4 machine with a GeForce 4
card--nothing out of the ordinary--and it performed nicely, with lots of
realistic lighting and shadow effects, and shaders and bump mapping to
bring out the detail in the textures."

SNOman

"k y l e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XI%Ua.7707$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ben Perston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f223575$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > SNOman wrote:
> >
> > > Any idea what the minimum PC specs will be?

> > If you check out the Gamespot preview, specifically the final page:
> > http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...6026488-5.html
> >
> > "That is, the minimum specs for the game should be around a 700MHz
> > Pentium III with a TNT graphics card. Valve designed the engine for the
> > lowest common denominator because its close ties with the huge community
> > of Counter-Strike players gave it the impression that a large number of
> > the game's potential fans still have old systems. We ourselves saw the
> > game engine running on a 2GHz Pentium 4 machine with a GeForce 4
> > card--nothing out of the ordinary--and it performed nicely, with lots of
> > realistic lighting and shadow effects, and shaders and bump mapping to
> > bring out the detail in the textures."
> >

> Well there's something weird if it won't run on a 2ghz machine. I like how
> they are calling 700mhz "old" now, lol....a couple of years ago, 700mhz

was
> state of the art, and 1ghz was a Rolls Royce rig!

Geez, I remember when a company I worked for bought an Olivetti 286 for
$13,000