Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > block b-opp.com?

block b-opp.com?

Russell Smithies

how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
I think they're comming in thru messenger

Russell Smithies

"Nicholas Sherlock" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bflbkc$d61$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Russell Smithies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:KiqTa.89513$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> > I think they're comming in thru messenger
> >

> Run a spyware scanner such as "Spybot search & destroy" over your sytem.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

I do that weekly and have been doing so for years.
These seem to be coming in thru messenger I think.

Russell

Allistar

Russell Smithies wrote:

> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> I think they're comming in thru messenger

Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
that site when running other software, like messanger?)

Allistar.

Craig Whitmore

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:

> Russell Smithies wrote:
>
>> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
>> I think they're comming in thru messenger

> Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do you
> mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
> that site when running other software, like messanger?)
>
> Allistar.

They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)

Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
Service

Thanks
Craig

mdew

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:53:36 +1200, Russell Smithies wrote:

> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> I think they're comming in thru messenger

using a hosts file, make it loopback on itself.

127.0.0.1 b-opp.com

voila, no more popups.

Russell Smithies

"Craig Whitmore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:16:46 +1200, Allistar wrote:
>
> > Russell Smithies wrote:
> >
> >> how do I stop all the annoying popup windows from www.b-opp.com?
> >> I think they're comming in thru messenger

> > Which browser do you use? I visited that site and got no pop-ups. (Do

you
> > mean that when you visit the site you get pop-ups or you get pop-ups for
> > that site when running other software, like messanger?)
> >
> > Allistar.

> They are window messenging popups (nothing to do with MSN messenger)
>
> Go into the Services Control Panel and disable the Windows Messenging
> Service
>
> Thanks
> Craig

thanx Craig,