Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Where to get PSU fuse in Wellington?

Re: Where to get PSU fuse in Wellington?

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Son has c 6mth old system with an 3R System Air Case bought from an
> out of town supplier. PSU fan started making a lot of noise. I was
> too busy to look at it at the time, so after several days he had a
> "poke around" to see if he could fix the problem himself.
> Unfortunately one thing he tried was the voltage switch sitting right
> beside the fan!!! Well at least the fuse worked.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a new fuse for the 3R PSU in
> Wellington so I can get back to the supplier to fix the original noise
> problem (presumably fan bearing gone?)
>
> PP don't sell fuses - get an electrician in if a PSU required repair.
> Sounds an expensive way to plug in a simple fuse capsule.

It is legally the only way they can do this type of repair, only someone
with an electrical certificate can do power supply repairs for a computer
reseller or service centre.