Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IrDA in laptops

IrDA in laptops

Matthew Strickland

Hi all,

Is IrDA a dying feature on modern laptops these days? Im having more trouble
finding irda equipped laptops for users with older non-Bluetooth capable
mobiles. I guess bluetooth/built in wireless is taking over rather quickly.
Personally I still prefer Irda, esp with several irda laser printers still
around.

Matt

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:27:28 +1200, Matthew Strickland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is IrDA a dying feature on modern laptops these days?

All the recent $orkplace laptoys have IRDa, except the powerbooks.

> Im having more trouble
> finding irda equipped laptops for users with older non-Bluetooth capable
> mobiles.

I'm just having trouble finding a decent bluetooth equipped phone which
will talk to my ipaq (Don't want to have to try and keep IR links set up
while walking...)

IrDa print server - howto? Automatix Wireless Networking 2 12-14-2010 10:47 AM
USB to IRDA Dongle @ ThinkComputers.org Silverstrand Front Page News 3 09-06-2005 06:03 AM
Problem with IrDA in XP with SP2 =?Utf-8?B?dG1hdGVqa28=?= Wireless Networking 1 07-04-2005 05:16 PM
Laptops,laptops Mark Computer Support 1 09-20-2004 05:10 AM
irda/rc5...wtf? =?Utf-8?B?YWxwaGFMb2JzdGVy?= Wireless Networking 0 08-01-2004 10:55 PM

Advertisments