Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cordless phone for ADSL

Cordless phone for ADSL

will

hi,

can anyone recommend a cordless phone that works with ADSL-enabled line,
at a reasonable price?

i have a Panasonic which gives low volume whenever the ADSL modem is on,
and when i talked to a Dick Smith guy today, he said that most analog
phones will have the same problems, the only way is to move to a digital
one.

thanks

will.

Craig Whitmore

sonable price?

>> i have a Panasonic which gives low volume whenever the ADSL modem is on,
>> and when i talked to a Dick Smith guy today, he said that most analog
>> phones will have the same problems, the only way is to move to a digital
>> one.

Its a knowm fault with the Panasonic Cordless phones (the black one I had
did it and it was quite anoying). I emailed Panasonic about it, but head
nothing from them at all. I have 5 other phones which I tried and none of
them did it except the Panasonic one.. Get your Money back and yell at
Panasonic.

Thanks
Craig

will

> Its a knowm fault with the Panasonic Cordless phones (the black one I had
> did it and it was quite anoying). I emailed Panasonic about it, but head
> nothing from them at all. I have 5 other phones which I tried and none of
> them did it except the Panasonic one.. Get your Money back and yell at
> Panasonic.

#### does that mean that even the DSE-branded one might work?

will.

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:52:56 +1200, will wrote:

> can anyone recommend a cordless phone that works with ADSL-enabled line,
> at a reasonable price?

All of them do. Just make sure you have your ADSL filter installed correctly.

Athura

I just got a cheap 89$ cordless Panasonic phone on saturday from Noel
Leeming. It works fine with my adsl line.

Kristofer Clayton

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:52:56 +1200, will <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>i have a Panasonic which gives low volume whenever the ADSL modem is on,
>and when i talked to a Dick Smith guy today, he said that most analog
>phones will have the same problems, the only way is to move to a digital
>one.

Got an ancient Uniden cordless phone here (locked to one channel even)
and it has no issues on an ADSL line.

--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand

will

just thought i will update this thread. i bought a DSE-brand cordless
phone at $68, and it's working fine with my ADSL now.

will.