Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Outlook Express - several users

Outlook Express - several users

Ian Boag

I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.

Pointers?

Ian Boag

Nicholas Sherlock

"Ian Boag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
> mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
> Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
>
> Pointers?

Easy. File->Identities->Add new identity. Each person has their own complete
system. You can switch identities from that menu. I think that a prompt
comes up every time you start OE to choose identity.. but it may only come
up when you have a password set for every account. Try putting the password
"password" on there if that is the case.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Mainlander

says...
> I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
> mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
> Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
>
> Pointers?

Identities

lily

"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <BuPSa.6309$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Ian Boag allegedly said:
> >
> > > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
> > > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
> > > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
> > >
> > > Pointers?
> > >
> > > Ian Boag

> > Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

> he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
> shut up if you can't.

Its quite useful info.
You are being rather bitchy and oversensitive Patrick

Ian Boag

Thankyou all chaps

Bogeyman

Steve

Mainlander allegedly said:

> In article <BuPSa.6309$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Ian Boag allegedly said:
>>
>> > I'd like to set up a system where Fred can run OE to collect fred's
>> > mail and Sam can run it to collect Sam's. Separate desktop icons.
>> > Password not an issue - this is for convenience not security.
>> >
>> > Pointers?
>> >
>> > Ian Boag

>> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

> he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
> shut up if you can't.

Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

--
Steve

Mainlander

In article <x5oTa.6648$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Mainlander allegedly said:
>
> > In article <BuPSa.6309$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...

> >> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

> > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
> > shut up if you can't.

> Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

No instead you try to convert the guy to your choice of package. he asked
for information on Outlook Express, not <insert your favourite software
name here>.

Start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses like you do in
the politics newsgroup.

Mainlander

In article <x5oTa.6648$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Mainlander allegedly said:
>
> > In article <BuPSa.6309$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...

> >> Pegasys mail. Does it by design. Written by a Kiwi. World famous.

> > he asked about Outlook Express, try to give him an answer about it or
> > shut up if you can't.

> Or I could be an asshole like you - but I opted not to.

Really? I'd say you have a line on that, filling up nz.general and
nz.politics with pointless flame wars.

Mainlander

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:35:38 +1200, Mainlander wrote:
>

> > Really? I'd say you have a line on that, filling up nz.general and
> > nz.politics with pointless flame wars.

> Keep it there Dunford.
> Stalking in nz.comp isn't welcome.

Who made you the moderator? Get a life