Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Backing up MS Outlook stuff.

Re: Backing up MS Outlook stuff.

SharkFOA

"Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
> backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?

There's a free download at the MS site called Personal Folders Backup. Set
it & forget it.

--
SharkFOA

Gordon

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:08:07 +1200, SharkFOA wrote:

> "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
>> backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

> There's a free download at the MS site called Personal Folders Backup. Set
> it & forget it.

That is abit like saying, there is a needle in that haystack

Nathan Mercer

> "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
> > backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?

File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
to a backup PST
or just create a new PST and drag and drop

Mainlander

In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
>
> <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
>

> <plonk - again!>

What a nice tolerant fellow you are

Bret

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:22:28 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

>In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
>>
>> <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
>>

>> <plonk - again!>

>What a nice tolerant fellow you are

You accidently put a smiley face on that one.

T-Boy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, nathan@4757979!!!
SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz says...
> > "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to backup important emails on Outlook. What's the best way of
> > > backing up all the data? Contacts, folders, rules, etc.?
> > >
> > > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

> File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
> to a backup PST
> or just create a new PST and drag and drop

That won't back up any Personal Address Books nor will it back
up any created Rules...

So.. *also* save:
(as well as *.pst files)
*.pab files
and for Rules, with Outlook running, go into Rules, and Export
'em (save that file

--
Duncan

Mainlander

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, nathan@4757979!!!
> SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz says...
> > > "Dany P. Wu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > File | Archive will send your current mail (and other folders if you want)
> > to a backup PST
> > or just create a new PST and drag and drop

> That won't back up any Personal Address Books nor will it back
> up any created Rules...
>
> So.. *also* save:
> (as well as *.pst files)
> *.pab files
> and for Rules, with Outlook running, go into Rules, and Export
> 'em (save that file

Most of the useful stuff is under Windows\Application Data or Windows
\Profiles\username\Application Data, here it also stores the signature
files and stuff.

Lennier

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:

<snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>

<plonk - again!>

Lennier

--
I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital

Mainlander

In article <pan.2003.07.21.06.29.08.141413@TRACKER>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:45:12 -0500, Nathan Mercer wrote:
>
> <snip - Nathan Mercer's crap>
>

> <plonk - again!>

whinge - again
David must be obsessive compulsive, posting 160 messages in nz.comp in
one evening...