Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > info on dual pentium 90 hardware

info on dual pentium 90 hardware

colinco

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, T.N.O. wrote...
> I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
>
> It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
> numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
> model: 972ww
> Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
>
> I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was useless.
> I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
> more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
> it is not helpful.
> Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
>
> Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
> 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
> Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
> standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
> pin plug too.
>
> Any info would be handy.

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.ph...614ea48807127&
threadid=34391

do the unwrap thing

T.N.O.

[...]

E. Scrooge

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
>
> It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
> numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
> model: 972ww
> Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
>
> I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

useless.
> I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
> more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
> it is not helpful.
> Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
>
> Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
> 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
> Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
> standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
> pin plug too.
>
> Any info would be handy.

State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

E. Scrooge

T.N.O.

E. Scrooge wrote:

> "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
>>
>>It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
>>numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
>>model: 972ww
>>Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
>>
>>I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

> useless.
>
>>I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
>>more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
>>it is not helpful.
>>Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
>>
>>Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
>>2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
>>Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
>>standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
>>pin plug too.
>>
>>Any info would be handy.

> State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

I know I know, but I figured that I got given it, and I have some spare
Pentium 233 CPU's sitting here, if I can chuck them in it running
Mandrake or something it will give me another toy.

And on that note I think I need to get a life.

E. Scrooge

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f19d116$(E-Mail Removed)...
> E. Scrooge wrote:
>
> > "T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
> >>
> >>It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
> >>numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
> >>model: 972ww
> >>Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
> >>
> >>I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was

> > useless.
> >
> >>I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
> >>more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
> >>it is not helpful.
> >>Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
> >>
> >>Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
> >>2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
> >>Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
> >>standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
> >>pin plug too.
> >>
> >>Any info would be handy.

> > State of the art stuff, just like the beads of an Abacus are.

> I know I know, but I figured that I got given it, and I have some spare
> Pentium 233 CPU's sitting here, if I can chuck them in it running
> Mandrake or something it will give me another toy.
>
> And on that note I think I need to get a life.

Why push your far better toys aside for the old half broken ones?
Have a look at what you're wasting your life away on first.

E. Scrooge

T.N.O.

T.N.O. wrote:

> colinco wrote:
>
>> http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.ph...614ea48807127&
>> threadid=34391
>>
>> do the unwrap thing

> Thanks.
> Close, but mine has 8 memory slots... Still alot of the info is close
> enough.

I have found the info I need, thanks for the pointers.
It is here...
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupp...000_specs.html

Rudy Seoa

> I have a dual Pentium 90 here, that I am looking for a manual for.
>
> It was a machine made by Digital, the motherboard has no info(serial
> numbers etc) on it, but on the back of the machine it has...
> model: 972ww
> Serial No:TA63604031 and appears to have come from Taiwan.
>
> I have tried the digital website, it forwards to HP.com so that was useless.
> I tried google but ofcourse anything with Digital(brings up a million or
> more links), dual(about the same), and variations on the hardware inside
> it is not helpful.
> Combinations of the above also bring out useless answers.
>
> Anyway, the motherboard has 8 EDO slots(all full 256MB of edo glory)
> 2 PCI slots, 5 eisa slots, on-board Video, IDE and SCSI.
> Seems to have som pretty hefty power requirements too, what looks like
> standard AT plugs, plus what looks kinda like an ATX plug, and another 5
> pin plug too.
>
> Any info would be handy.

Sounds like a Prioris XL (590?) server.
see:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupp...rioris_xl_5000
_abstract.html

Got a couple of these at work (P133 & P166 models) running Debian.

T.N.O.

Rudy Seoa wrote:
> Sounds like a Prioris XL (590?) server.
> see:
> http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupp...rioris_xl_5000
> _abstract.html
>
> Got a couple of these at work (P133 & P166 models) running Debian.

Close, it's a prioris XL server, 5200DP
As yet running nothing, but it boots, so thats a start.

~misfit~

"T.N.O." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> E. Scrooge wrote:
> > Why push your far better toys aside for the old half broken ones?
> > Have a look at what you're wasting your life away on first.
> >

> For a broarder view on computing life...
> My Pc is running fine, but I need my toys to keep me interested.
> Wireless is next, once I get my new firewall/gateway/proxy/caching
> machine up and running. Probably running Mandrake MNF which no-one seems
> to use yet.

I'm the same, I'm not happy unless I've got a 'puter to play with. I've got
to otherwise I end up messing up perfectly good systems for something
hardware-related to keep me occupied.
--
~misfit~

---