Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: This Group slow to load headers?

Re: This Group slow to load headers?

~misfit~

"DonB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this normal?
> Does anyone know why?
> Headers for NZ Comp always take far longer to download than any other
> Group, at least on my machine.
> I just received 46 headers here, which took 65 seconds.
> Another Group took 12 seconds for 358.
> Can anything be changed on my setup, or is this universal?
> Thanks,
> DonB

Same for me, using xtra. I think it's because NZ newsservers cache the posts
for a lot longer than they do for overseas/international groups. Try
re-setting your newsreader and downloading nz groups from scratch, you'll
get many thousands of posts, going back months. International ones you're
lucky to get them a week old.

I guess it takes longer for your news reader to ascertain what are new posts
and what aren't.

Just guessing here.
--
~misfit~