Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: NZ phone line impedance

Re: NZ phone line impedance

max

Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:

> NZ transmission lines are 600 ohm. Phone lines are about the same

errr .... no 600 0hm is the 4 wire impedance ....

Isn't it 900 ohm at the 2 wire point .......

What ever, if it anan't got the tick, you can't use it ...

Max

Ian Boag

Weeelllllll. Hmmmmm.

I'm the founding owner of Dynalink. We went through quite a bit of
drama at times matching line impedances and return losses to the NZ
"standard" figure. Have to say though we never encountered any
off-spec foreign modems that had trouble working .....

IB

max <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Uncle StoatWarbler wrote:
>>
>> NZ transmission lines are 600 ohm. Phone lines are about the same

>errr .... no 600 0hm is the 4 wire impedance ....
>
>Isn't it 900 ohm at the 2 wire point .......
>
>What ever, if it anan't got the tick, you can't use it ...
>
>Max

Uncle StoatWarbler

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:59:44 +0000, Ian Boag wrote:

> Weeelllllll. Hmmmmm.
>
> I'm the founding owner of Dynalink. We went through quite a bit of
> drama at times matching line impedances and return losses to the NZ
> "standard" figure. Have to say though we never encountered any
> off-spec foreign modems that had trouble working .....

That was my point at the top of the thread. The phones and modems will
work, just won't exactly comply with the Telepermit requirements.

Being german, they already have a TUV and will have sufficient isolation vs
bellcore gear (assuming there's any mains involved)..

Sidetones may be a little off, but usually it doesn't matter.

high impedance in VHDL joris VHDL 3 05-19-2010 09:17 AM
SPA-3102 FXS Port Impedance Bob Brewer UK VOIP 2 07-11-2009 03:16 PM
Re: NZ phone line impedance Mutley NZ Computing 1 07-19-2003 03:40 AM
Re: NZ phone line impedance Peter KERR NZ Computing 2 07-18-2003 01:45 AM
Re: NZ phone line impedance colinco NZ Computing 0 07-17-2003 07:58 PM

Advertisments