Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Making Html email newsletters.

Making Html email newsletters.

NZed

I am looking for a tool or method of producing html email newsletters.
We have a club webpage and would like to follow the design through with
links.
Does anyone have a program or method of doing this that has been sucessful
for them ?
I am using FP2002 and outlook express.
Looking forward to your replies.
NZed

Gary

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:09:32 +1200, "NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am looking for a tool or method of producing html email newsletters.
>We have a club webpage and would like to follow the design through with
>links.
>Does anyone have a program or method of doing this that has been sucessful
>for them ?
>I am using FP2002 and outlook express.
>Looking forward to your replies.
>NZed

http://www.minervamail.co.nz/

Master Tech

NZed wrote:
> I am looking for a tool or method of producing html email newsletters.
> We have a club webpage and would like to follow the design through
> with links.
> Does anyone have a program or method of doing this that has been
> sucessful for them ?
> I am using FP2002 and outlook express.
> Looking forward to your replies.

http://www.amailsender.com/

Not free, but very good at what it does, both plain text and html
newsletters.

Evil Bastard

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:32:58 +1200, Gordon wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:09:32 +1200, NZed wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a tool or method of producing html email newsletters.

> Here is one.
> Get into the past. Do the newsletter as a web page then in ASCII send you
> memders a "newsletter" that they may get the newslatter at
> http://www.whereever it is.
> e-mail is best kept seperate from html stuff ok? YES!

I have to jump at this and totally support NZed's sentiments.

Inline HTML in email, in the big picture, is about as desirable as herpes.

Still makes me snigger how Microsoft went as far as supporting javascript
within email messages. That has been the cause of dozens of
server-crippling email worms getting out.

So if you want to communicate to members with nice HTML formatted pages,
just send them the frickin web links goddammit!!
And if you want the pages to be members only, then just secure your pages
with username/password.

EB

NZed

Thanks to all those who responded
Your advice has helped decide to only use links from my email to my
newsletter instead of using html.

NZed

"Master Tech " <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote in message
news:bf8ndb$nfv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> NZed wrote:
> > I am looking for a tool or method of producing html email newsletters.
> > We have a club webpage and would like to follow the design through
> > with links.
> > Does anyone have a program or method of doing this that has been
> > sucessful for them ?
> > I am using FP2002 and outlook express.
> > Looking forward to your replies.

> http://www.amailsender.com/
>
> Not free, but very good at what it does, both plain text and html
> newsletters.

Eric

Put out a black text on white background HTML Email like everyone else does
and nobody will know the differance.

E. Scrooge

"NZed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CH2Sa.5756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to all those who responded
> Your advice has helped decide to only use links from my email to my
> newsletter instead of using html.
>
> NZed

html isn't impossible using OE (especially version 6). It might not be so
easy for everyone in your group though.
Some people weren't all that helpful - html and email stationeries etc are
features of OE.

E. Scrooge