Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full heightcards?

Suppier for black microATX desktop cases that will take a full heightcards?

Graeme Woollett

Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

Thanks
Graeme

David Hallett

"Graeme Woollett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in a message...
> Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

If you find one - let me know too!
I'm want to build a PVR that sits in the rack under an NAD amp & dvd player

David

Taika

How about this one

news:%spRa.5339$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe a Black shuttle pc?
>
> "Graeme Woollett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bf4tjg$2363$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Graeme

Murray Symon

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:24 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:

> Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)
>
> Thanks
> Graeme

I really don't know if you can get these in NZ, but check out the
"Hush" mini-ITX PCs on these links.
They really set a high standard for living-room PC aesthetics ...

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/hush.asp
http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=540&page=9

Murray.

Murray Symon

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:51:26 +1200, Murray Symon wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:24 +1200, Graeme Woollett wrote:
>
>> Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Graeme

> I really don't know if you can get these in NZ, but check out the "Hush"
> mini-ITX PCs on these links.
> They really set a high standard for living-room PC aesthetics ...
>
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/hush.asp
> http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=540&page=9
>
> Murray.

I have just noticed the "DIGN" cases at Ascent ( www.ascent.co.nz ) ,
They are built to look just like high-end Hi-Fi components and take
standard ATX motherboards. They are standard 430mm wide. Very nice
looking, indeed. But they are pricey - all over $600.

http://www.iuneed.com/4E.htm

Murray.

lily

"Graeme Woollett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FauRa.5398$(E-Mail Removed)...
> lily wrote:
>

> > "David Hallett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bf51d8$293$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Graeme Woollett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in a message...
> >>
> >> If you find one - let me know too!
> >> I'm want to build a PVR that sits in the rack under an NAD amp & dvd

> > player
> >>
> >> David
> >>

> > One way to go with the PVR is a mini itx via C3 Nehemiah motherboard in

> > Procase Cubid case or a Sereniti case.
> > There is room for a Tuner card on a PCI riser. All the bits are

available
> > from Ascent or Paradigm and others.
> > There are other small desktop cases for micro ATX with PCI risers
> > http://procase.co.nz/sub%20pccases.htm#cs-2005
> > http://procase.co.nz/sub%20pccases.htm#2215

> Thanks for those suggestions, however I already have a duron/microATX m/b
> etc that I need a case for. The C3/N 1000 is OK for DVD and divx playback
> (just), its driver support for linux currently isn't great. It simply
> doesn't have the grunt that I need for mpeg4 realtime encoding/viewing.
>
> Graeme

The links at the bottom are to black cases that will take your
duron/microATX mb

Graeme Woollett

Found a free source of old HP ATX desktop cases, bought black spraybomb.
Will look OK through the tinted black glass of my audio rack. Spraybomb
cost $11.95

Thanks for all the suggestions
Graeme

Mainlander

In article <bf4tjg$2363$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Must be able to fit in a home audio rack... (430cm or thereabouts)

really, 4.3 metres?

I'd personally go for the standard 19" rack case and build your home
audio system in one.

Graeme Woollett