Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wired Country

Wired Country

karl

Has any one signed up for this service?
http://www.wiredcountry.co.nz

I am signing up with ICONZ today for the wireless option.
http://www.iconz.co.nz/wired-country/

512Kbps/2Mbps $160.00 per month flat rate unlimited data. Im luckey I am in
the service range, am currently on ihug ULTRA so this will be the first
two-way high speed service that has become avaliable in my area and its the
same price as the ihug ULTRA connection!! Wont need the extra phone line.

This deal is far better then most avaliable in Auckland. All the people I
know are stuck on JetStart becuase plans like the Tempest, Helix wireless,
Walker Wireless etc. etc. are mostly limited to the CBD otherwise have a
pritty limited coverage area.

For as low as $65 a month you can get 128Kbps, $99 256Kbps, 512Kbps @ $110
per month all flat rate!

Mark.

Still too expensive.

In article <bf4iip$ece$(E-Mail Removed)>, "karl" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|Has any one signed up for this service?
|http://www.wiredcountry.co.nz
|
|I am signing up with ICONZ today for the wireless option.
|http://www.iconz.co.nz/wired-country/
|
|512Kbps/2Mbps $160.00 per month flat rate unlimited data. Im luckey I am in
|the service range, am currently on ihug ULTRA so this will be the first
|two-way high speed service that has become avaliable in my area and its the
|same price as the ihug ULTRA connection!! Wont need the extra phone line.
|
|This deal is far better then most avaliable in Auckland. All the people I
|know are stuck on JetStart becuase plans like the Tempest, Helix wireless,
|Walker Wireless etc. etc. are mostly limited to the CBD otherwise have a
|pritty limited coverage area.
|
|For as low as $65 a month you can get 128Kbps, $99 256Kbps, 512Kbps @ $110
|per month all flat rate!

m00se

Mark. wrote:
> Still too expensive.

Far cheaper than what the ISP will be paying for their bandwidth... but
still too expensive?

Next time take the red pill, your perspective might be more reality based.

> In article <bf4iip$ece$(E-Mail Removed)>, "karl" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> |
> |For as low as $65 a month you can get 128Kbps, $99 256Kbps, 512Kbps @ $110
> |per month all flat rate!

tim

move to asia.. haha

Just came back from Seoul, Korea.
My 2mbit connection cost me $30NZ a month, no caps, no connection fees,
first two months were free. hehe

sigh, I miss using bittorrent...

tim
tjv.info

"Mark." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Still too expensive.
>
> In article <bf4iip$ece$(E-Mail Removed)>, "karl" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> |Has any one signed up for this service?
> |http://www.wiredcountry.co.nz
> |
> |I am signing up with ICONZ today for the wireless option.
> |http://www.iconz.co.nz/wired-country/
> |
> |512Kbps/2Mbps $160.00 per month flat rate unlimited data. Im luckey I am

in
> |the service range, am currently on ihug ULTRA so this will be the first
> |two-way high speed service that has become avaliable in my area and its

the
> |same price as the ihug ULTRA connection!! Wont need the extra phone line.
> |
> |This deal is far better then most avaliable in Auckland. All the people I
> |know are stuck on JetStart becuase plans like the Tempest, Helix

wireless,
> |Walker Wireless etc. etc. are mostly limited to the CBD otherwise have a
> |pritty limited coverage area.
> |
> |For as low as $65 a month you can get 128Kbps, $99 256Kbps, 512Kbps @

$110
> |per month all flat rate!

Jay

karl wrote:

> Has any one signed up for this service?
> http://www.wiredcountry.co.nz
>
> I am signing up with ICONZ today for the wireless option.
> http://www.iconz.co.nz/wired-country/
>
> 512Kbps/2Mbps $160.00 per month flat rate unlimited data.

That is very expensive.

Anyhow I doubt that the "unlimited data" will last for long. Either you
will get a cap or become rate-limited (by other users or ISP).

If you look at the plans you will see that they charge a whopping $777
for a mere 10GB of data.

Given that you can get full-speed 10GB in Australia or under $A100 why is NZ
so exhorbitently expensive? No competition and no competition
regulator might have something to do with it.

A high level of political incompetence in Wellington might have a
lot to do with it also.

Rob

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:04:39 +1200, m00se <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Mark. wrote:
>> Still too expensive.
>>

>Far cheaper than what the ISP will be paying for their bandwidth... but
>still too expensive?
>

>Next time take the red pill, your perspective might be more reality based.
>

>> In article <bf4iip$ece$(E-Mail Removed)>, "karl" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> |
>> |For as low as $65 a month you can get 128Kbps, $99 256Kbps, 512Kbps @ $110
>> |per month all flat rate!

Would be good if were transmitting video or music files as part of a
job, which would more than cover the huge prices.

T.N.O.

Jay wrote:
> If you look at the plans you will see that they charge a whopping $777
> for a mere 10GB of data.
>
> Given that you can get full-speed 10GB in Australia or under $A100 why is NZ
> so exhorbitently expensive? No competition and no competition
> regulator might have something to do with it.

Who's the provider?
and what is "full speed"... full speed what? I mean I have full speed
for $20 a month... it's dial up, but it is full speed. clarify more.

Jay

T.N.O. wrote:

> Jay wrote:
>> If you look at the plans you will see that they charge a whopping $777
>> for a mere 10GB of data.
>>
>> Given that you can get full-speed 10GB in Australia or under $A100 why is
>> NZ
>> so exhorbitently expensive? No competition and no competition
>> regulator might have something to do with it.

> Who's the provider?
> and what is "full speed"... full speed what? I mean I have full speed
> for $20 a month... it's dial up, but it is full speed. clarify more.

Aardvark.
http://www.aardvark.net.au/adsl/home_adsl.php

Full speed is 512k. Well, it isn't the fastest but unlike NZs miserably
mean 128k it is broadband.

And I did lie - it is 65GB/month not 10GB.

But if you want a choice check this out:

http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au/pl...=2&ip=1&sort=2

T.N.O.

Jay wrote:
> T.N.O. wrote:
>>Who's the provider?
>>and what is "full speed"... full speed what? I mean I have full speed
>>for $20 a month... it's dial up, but it is full speed. clarify more.

> http://www.aardvark.net.au/adsl/home_adsl.php
> Full speed is 512k. Well, it isn't the fastest but unlike NZs miserably
> mean 128k it is broadband.
> And I did lie - it is 65GB/month not 10GB.

I think I can safely say watch this space... not for a couple of months,
but still.

Jay

T.N.O. wrote:

> Jay wrote:
>> T.N.O. wrote:
>>>Who's the provider?
>>>and what is "full speed"... full speed what? I mean I have full speed
>>>for $20 a month... it's dial up, but it is full speed. clarify more.

>> http://www.aardvark.net.au/adsl/home_adsl.php
>> Full speed is 512k. Well, it isn't the fastest but unlike NZs miserably
>> mean 128k it is broadband.
>> And I did lie - it is 65GB/month not 10GB.

> I think I can safely say watch this space... not for a couple of months,
> but still.

Why? Are your referring to Telecom's new plans to be released
"this winter"? They will only be introducing new JetStream products
of 300MB for $35 and 2GB for $190.