Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Kernel configuration missing

Kernel configuration missing

cowboyzlinux

I have had some trouble compiling a driver for my skymedia card and have
come to the conclusion it is because of the following

In Control Center - system -Linux Kernel it says the following

patht o kernel sources /usr/src/linux

Sorry the kernel configuration could not be read due to the following
error

can't open /usr/src/linux/arch/config.in for reading

Either your Kernel sourse contains invalid config rules or you just found
a bug in the KDE Kernel configurator.

So questions:

Is this common?
How to fix? - Reinstall Kernel source? How do I do that?

Default install on Mandrake 9.1 2.4.21-0.13mdk

Cheers

cowboyzlinux

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:16:30 +0100, cowboyzlinux wrote:

> I have had some trouble compiling a driver for my skymedia card and have
> come to the conclusion it is because of the following
>

> In Control Center - system -Linux Kernel it says the following
>
> patht o kernel sources /usr/src/linux
>
> Sorry the kernel configuration could not be read due to the following
> error
>
> can't open /usr/src/linux/arch/config.in for reading
>
> Either your Kernel sourse contains invalid config rules or you just found
> a bug in the KDE Kernel configurator.
>

> So questions:
>
> Is this common?
> How to fix? - Reinstall Kernel source? How do I do that?
>

> Default install on Mandrake 9.1 2.4.21-0.13mdk
>
> Cheers

never mind. Google is good.

found a rpm. to install it and error gone. back to the skymedia thing

cowboyzlinux

>> found a rpm. to install it and error gone. back to the skymedia thing

> I have the same issue but it has never bothered me too much. How did you
> correct it?
>
> Allistar.

I searched through rpmdrake and found a kernel to install. It is on one
of the cds. I needed it installed to get this satcard going and it is
kinda working now but can't actually recieve data. (work in progress)