Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Buying a palm on eBay

Re: Buying a palm on eBay

XPD

"Geoffrey Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm looking at buying a palm m500 on eBay.
>
> 2 questions:
>
> *1 Important: What customs charges could I be hit with? The palm would
> probably cost about NZ$120 or so in total.
> *2, experiences with the m500, if anyone has them

Dont think they bother charging GST etc on things under $400 normally.... I
did read on the customs website a while ago tho, that they wouldnt charge
you duty on a digital camera, but if you bought back a calendar they
could!!! Maybe I was reading from some special conditions page but still...
pretty weird

If youre still worried about getting charged anyway, ask the seller to mark
it as a gift.... no charges that way AFAIK.