Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Hewlett Packard Parts??

Hewlett Packard Parts??

Rider

Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL

Rider

SNOman

"Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bet340$cq7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
> smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
> want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
>
> Rider

why not try http://www.acquire.co.nz

N Lawton

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:04:59 +1200, Rider wrote:

> Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
> smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All
> I want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL
>
> Rider

No.
But we recently replaced a PSU in a pavilion with a std ATX PSU. The
person had been quoted about $150.00 to have it replaced.

I do not recall the model, but it had a Asus TX97 motherboard in it. It
wasn't labelled Asus, but that is what it was.

You may have a lot less hastle and cost with standard parts.

Kristofer Clayton

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
>smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
>want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL

Also be careful when you get one to check the voltage, we've had two
HP PSU's from TechPac pre-set to 115v...

--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand

Rider

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f125add$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not all Pavilions, particularly the 6511, will take a standard ATX PSU.
>
> Visparts are out of stock of the power supply for that model, and having
> problems getting a replacement. Neither do Vistech, Renaissance or Tech

Pac

3
> on backorder for about 2 months, I have one left but its not cheap.

Define not cheap

Rider

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:3f130827$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try $200.

Oooooooo .... uummmmm .... ooooo .... uummmmm. Get back to ya LOL

Rider

Alan Liefting

Charlie G wrote:
> "Rider" wrote :
>
>>Anyone know who to get new parts for Pavilion computers from with the
>>smallest amount of hassle involved? Dealing with Visparts is a pain. All I
>>want is a damned power supply for a 6511 LOL

> You can try Alan Leifting at:
>
> EcoTech Services
> 78 Flockton Street
> St Albans
> Christchurch
> Telephone: (03)385-3830 Facsimile: (03)385-3830
>
> He can repair non standard power supplies at reasonable cost - I had a
> couple fixed by him. If he is stiull around you may be able to email him -
> aliefting and he is at ihug.co.nz ( It's a couple of years since I used
> him)

I am still around but delivery address is 107 Warrington Street, St
Albans. Send it to me. I have a good success rate with that model.

Alan Liefting

Invisible

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>All

>> him -

>used
>> >
>> > I am still around but delivery address is 107 Warrington Street, St
>> > Albans. Send it to me. I have a good success rate with that model.
>> >

>> > Alan Liefting
>> >

>> Hello Alan
>>
>> My customer (and dont ask me why because I dont understand it either)
>> changed the voltage switch from 230V to 115V. Any idea what cost would be
>> involved in fixing it (ball park figure). Just thought you may have seen
>> this happen before with this model of PSU.
>>
>> Regards
>> Rider
>>

>You would be surprised how often people think its a good idea to change
>those voltage switches.
>
>I'm pretty sure its reasonably easy to fix though.

Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was ****ed off at how old & slow
the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because we
didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So he now
has a new PC.

Rob

"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich"
> Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was ****ed off at how old &

slow
> the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because

we
> didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So

he now
> has a new PC.

The only thing sonny should have is a clip around the ear and no
computer/net access for 6 months or until he's paid for it himself.

Rob, whose bright red siamese fighting fishies would never support such an
un-pc solution.

Invisible

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:36:54 +1200, "Rider" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:32:00 +1200, "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >You would be surprised how often people think its a good idea to change
>> >those voltage switches.
>> >
>> >I'm pretty sure its reasonably easy to fix though.

>> Had a customer recently whos son did this - he was ****ed off at how old &

>slow
>> the PC was and wanted mummy to buy him a new one. Vis looked at it because

>we
>> didn't have a PSU we could test it with, and all but the HD were shot. So

>he now
>> has a new PC.
>>

>I tried a PSU we had here and everything appears to be fine, maybe we should
>tell the customer its shot and he needs a new one LOL . I hate being honest
>sometimes, would be much easier than trying to find one of these power
>supplies, anyone got a good second hand one???

I really HATE servicing bloody HP's. They're a major pain in the butt.
Tell them there could be component damage that could cause it to fall over at
any time -that's not really stretching things.