Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > internet eplorer download mystery

internet eplorer download mystery

pwb

Hello everyone,please can you help,when I try to download any file from any
internet site the little window that was there before with the option of
saving to my hard drive is now missing and do not initialise and now just
starts downloading automatically to my windows temp folder,how can I get
that function back please?I reinstalled Internet explorer again but I still
have the same problem,I ran OPERA browser and no problem with downloading to
a folder of my choice,thank you very much....... PETE(the consumer)

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Mainlander

In article <Iq4Qa.77975$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hello everyone,please can you help,when I try to download any file from any
> internet site the little window that was there before with the option of
> saving to my hard drive is now missing and do not initialise and now just
> starts downloading automatically to my windows temp folder,how can I get
> that function back please?I reinstalled Internet explorer again but I still
> have the same problem,I ran OPERA browser and no problem with downloading to
> a folder of my choice,thank you very much....... PETE(the consumer)

Nothing to do with IE installation, it's the file type settings in the
Registry.

Open an explorer window then go tools -> folder options -> file types
look for the file type in question
click edit button
check the little box that says "confirm open after download"

pwb

unfortunately it does not show the file type is not there in file type
window,,, thanks anyway for your reply.....
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...