Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: PHP installation question

Re: PHP installation question

Boyd Pearson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed the
> instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
> "Hello World" as follows:

> <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>

is the page extension ".php" ?

--
**************************************
The Eldritch Dark:

Dany P. Wu

"Boyd Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed

the
> > instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
> > "Hello World" as follows:

> > <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>

> is the page extension ".php" ?

Yes it is - the file is called greeting.php

D.

Steve

Dany P. Wu allegedly said:

> "Boyd Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > I am trying to install PHP on an XP Pro machine running IIS. I followed

> the
>> > instructions that comes with the package. I've written a PHP version of
>> > "Hello World" as follows:
>> >
>> > ================================================
>> > <?php echo "Hello World<P>"; ?>
>> > ================================================

>> is the page extension ".php" ?

> Yes it is - the file is called greeting.php
>
> D.

Have you set up the web server to recognise *.PHP?

Or does IIS do this by default? I've never used IIS - only Apache.

--
Steve
--
"Naturally, the common people don't want war;
neither in Russia nor in England nor in America,
nor for that matter in Germany.
That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders
of the country who determine the policy and
it is always a simple matter to drag the people
along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist
dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can
always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them
they are being attacked and denounce the
pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing
the country to danger. It works the same way
in any country."
- Hermann Goering, Nazi Reichsmarshall