Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL

Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL

Peter

this quote is from John Doe of Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:54 :
> I have the following questions about Maxnet :
> 1) Is their news server running reliably now ? Looks like it used to
> be quite chaotic, didn't it ?

Yes, up to about April, it was quite unreliable. Since then it has been
very good. I use it most days.

The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit ****ed off
at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
elsewhere.

HTH

Peter

Nick

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:03:17 +1200, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
>of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit ****ed off
>at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
>need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
>elsewhere.

Yes I was expecting (ever since I joined) a change to capped service
at some point, and 12GB is one of the best around. Let's face it,
unlimited traffic is simply not sustainable in the real world. I still
quit them simply because they woulnd't remove the lid on FTP and P2P
even with the traffic cap. Now compare to paradise or orcon at least,
that's crap. Oh, their account closure process is also worth noting
too, but enough have been said on this in one of the previous threads,
so I'll save my breath here (dig out from google if u like).

Two facts about Maxnet JF NZ Computing 1 03-01-2004 05:18 AM
'Maxnet' internet users Snoopy NZ Computing 23 02-10-2004 05:07 AM
Maxnet and DC/P2P XPD NZ Computing 7 09-26-2003 10:40 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Alastair Johnson NZ Computing 3 07-12-2003 07:26 PM
Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL Nick NZ Computing 4 07-11-2003 10:09 PM

Advertisments