Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > PS2 or XBox

PS2 or XBox

k y l e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kyle is Currently Headbanging To:
Broken English - Theme Song
"Rob King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OYxPa.4339$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "k y l e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:56nPa.4149$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Phillip Weston" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

in
> > message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:36:19 +1200, Master Tech
> > > <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

<(E-Mail Removed)>

easily

> Japan
> > in

> > > Didn't they say that about the PS2?
> > > >

> > Most ordinary consumers can't do all this "cracking" stuff you talk

about.
> > They spend hundreds on their console, they don't have a hard drive or
> > anything, just spend megabucks on a silly 8mb memory card and over a

> hundred
> > each on a game. And in the final analysis, they are very very limited.
> > People who buy their Xboxes have no idea about putting a 120gb hard

drive
> > in. You're given what you're given, you can only copy an audio cd, play

> > dvd and a game. Wooo-hooooo. I hate consoles. Graphics look **** anyway.

> Why
> > put up with a blocky, interlaced console picture when a pc delivers far
> > better graphics. Take Vice City for example. The graphics on the pc

> version
> > far supercede its console cousin. The cars look waaaay nicer. Just my 2
> > cents from a pc fanboy.
> >
> > And Divx? Fannying about mucking around with rewiring things and

possibly
> > ****ing up your system if you don't know what you're doing...or just get

> > pc and play it thru your tv-out if you with to watch it on your telly.

See
> ms
> > a lot less complicated.

> Have you played Rallisport Challenge on a PC??? I had to turn all the
> graphics options off to get, oooooh, 15fps. The XBox version screams with
> full graphics!

I know what you mean - shared the same pain - I loved Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
when it came out on PlayStation2 - so fluid and colourful. Yet, when I
bought the pc version, I could only get the same fluidity by turning on the
"distance fog" - no sunshine in the Rio level, no planes at the Airport. I
still enjoyed the game though. Thankfully now I upgraded the pc and now can
run the thing on full graphics at over 60-70fps (thanks Fraps), yay!

I think the minimum system requirement for Rallisport Challenge pc version
is 733mhz, 128ram and a 32mb video card - pretty steep, so you'd be looking
at 2ghz or more to get it looking smooth and superior to PS2. Good thing
Athlons are cheap, makes the upgrade not too expensive.

Richard Malcolm-Smith

>> And its so nice to see microsofts sloppy code come back and bite them
>> in the ass

> So you've seen the MS code and it is sloppy huh?
>
> I would think that your assuming their code is sloppy.

For the number of exploits that people have found, I dont think that there needs
to much assumption.

Dave

Wasn't the code leaked/stolen and that is why the bios on most modchips are
illegal because they use this stolen code??

"Richard Malcolm-Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:beocsq$tlu$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> And its so nice to see microsofts sloppy code come back and bite them
> >> in the ass

> > So you've seen the MS code and it is sloppy huh?
> >
> > I would think that your assuming their code is sloppy.

> For the number of exploits that people have found, I dont think that there

needs
> to much assumption.

T.N.O.

Richard Malcolm-Smith wrote:
>>> And its so nice to see microsofts sloppy code come back and bite them
>>> in the ass

>> So you've seen the MS code and it is sloppy huh?
>>
>> I would think that your assuming their code is sloppy.

> For the number of exploits that people have found, I dont think that
> there needs to much assumption.

Really, most code writers seem to fcuk it up a lot of the time, you say
MS, I say Linux/Trillian(sp?)/insert name of software company here... we
are both right.

Ms code may be sloppy, but I was right, it was an assumption.(really I
did it because I figured that if you had seen the code, I knew that you
would be unable to comment, but no-one picked up on that...)