Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: text messaging simulator

Re: text messaging simulator

David Hallett

Install ICQ and use ICQ2SMS. Alternatively, register with vodafone.net.nz
and send from Web2Txt.

"Smile" <smile@me> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:42:05 +1200, Richard Malcolm-Smith
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Errr, whats there to simulate? Cant you just use a couple of phones?
> >

> I want to use it in a teaching environment. With a number of people
> and without spending a lot of money.
>

> >Smile wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know about a text messaging simulator - I want to show
> >> some people how texting works using a simulator.
> >> Cheers
> >> smiler

Worm

"David Hallett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:befbh6$bp4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Install ICQ and use ICQ2SMS. Alternatively, register with vodafone.net.nz
> and send from Web2Txt.

Vodafone no longer gives each Web2Txt user 5 free msgs per day - they are
charged at the usual 20c per message.

Worm

Nicholas Sherlock

"Worm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f0b7be9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "David Hallett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:befbh6$bp4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Install ICQ and use ICQ2SMS. Alternatively, register with

vodafone.net.nz
> > and send from Web2Txt.

> Vodafone no longer gives each Web2Txt user 5 free msgs per day - they are
> charged at the usual 20c per message.

You can still text Vodaphone for free with ICQ.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

karl

Prepay users dont seem to be charged. **** sux wen ur on contract