Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > creating a function to test bits in a byte, and it returns

creating a function to test bits in a byte, and it returns

DJ

Hi all,
I just started c programming recently and facing a bit harder
questions. I'm wondering if anyone can help me get started with this
question. I did learn bit shifting, setting and resetting but don't
how to apply the idea to the question. Thank u much DJ
A function that tests bits in a byte, and it returns:
a) success or failure,
b) count of bits that are set ("==") in the byte,
c) position of bit(s) in the byte.

Peter Nilsson

DJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just started c programming recently and facing a bit harder
> questions. I'm wondering if anyone can help me get started
> with this question. I did learn bit shifting, setting and
> resetting but don't how to apply the idea to the question.
> Thank u much DJ
> A function that tests bits in a byte, and it returns:
> a) success or failure,
> b) count of bits that are set ("==") in the byte,
> c) position of bit(s) in the byte.

http://c-faq.com/

I also recommend using the 'search this group' option
available with the Google Groups interface.

--
Peter