Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > GoogleBar for Firefox?

GoogleBar for Firefox?

Victor

Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox 1.5.0.1?

I'm using Windows 98, so the official Google toolbar won't work - plus, Google's privacy
is awful.

I tried this one:
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4336

but it won't work on FF v1.5.0.1.

Thanks,

Victor

gwtc

Victor wrote:

> Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox 1.5.0.1?
>
> I'm using Windows 98, so the official Google toolbar won't work - plus, Google's privacy
> is awful.
>
> I tried this one:
> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4336
>
> but it won't work on FF v1.5.0.1.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Victor

I've never had a problem with this one: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

Victor

"gwtc" wrote...
> Victor wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox 1.5.0.1?
> >
> > I'm using Windows 98, so the official Google toolbar won't work - plus, Google's

privacy
> > is awful.
> >
> > I tried this one:
> > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4336
> >
> > but it won't work on FF v1.5.0.1.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Victor
> >

> I've never had a problem with this one: http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

"googlebar 0.9.5.06 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox
1.5.0.1 (googlebar 0.9.5.06 will only work with Firefox versions from 0.9 to 1.0)"

That's the message it gave me when I tried to install it.

Again - Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox 1.5.0.1?

Thanks,

Victor

kes

"Victor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "gwtc" wrote...
>> Victor wrote:
>>
>> > Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox 1.5.0.1?
>> >
>> > I'm using Windows 98, so the official Google toolbar won't work -
>> > plus, Google's

> privacy
>> > is awful.
>> >
>> > I tried this one:
>> > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=4336
>> >
>> > but it won't work on FF v1.5.0.1.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Victor
>> >

>> I've never had a problem with this one:
>> http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

> "googlebar 0.9.5.06 could not be installed because it is not
> compatible with Firefox
> 1.5.0.1 (googlebar 0.9.5.06 will only work with Firefox versions
> from 0.9 to 1.0)"
>
> That's the message it gave me when I tried to install it.
>
> Again - Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox
> 1.5.0.1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Victor

Try 'Googlebar light' - it works for me on Win 98 1.5.0.1
https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

--
Kes

Splibbilla

"kes" <(E-Mail Removed)> in news:4416a083$(E-Mail Removed):

>"Victor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I've never had a problem with this one:
>>> http://googlebar.mozdev.org/

>> "googlebar 0.9.5.06 could not be installed because it is not
>> compatible with Firefox
>> 1.5.0.1 (googlebar 0.9.5.06 will only work with Firefox versions
>> from 0.9 to 1.0)"
>>
>> That's the message it gave me when I tried to install it.
>>
>> Again - Can anyone recommend which GoogleBar works on Firefox
>> 1.5.0.1?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Victor
>>

> Try 'Googlebar light' - it works for me on Win 98 1.5.0.1
> https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...&application=f
> irefox

the context menu comamnds on gblite seem more conveneinet to me. it also has been kept uptodate with ff beta, trunk, etc.

but the regular gb (older googlebar.mozdev.org) has more types of google searches.

----
you can also get mycroft src searchplugins for the less-common google types (google local, etc)
http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.h...mitform=Search
(a number of these are googlesite searches of domains, not true google searchtypes)

http://forums.mozillazine.org/search...croft+&start=0

-----

and (i still haven't tried out) conQuery and at least one other extensoin will mash searchplugins into context menu. conquery
also has it's own search 'plugins'

http://conquery.mozdev.org/
claim: "ConQuery works with all of the major Mozilla products: Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Mozilla Suit, Mozilla Mail. As
well it works with Netscape."