Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > not able to shut down PC having windows xp operating system

not able to shut down PC having windows xp operating system

Manish Bafna

Hi All,
I am not able to shut down PC having windows xp operating system.This
happens only when i connect internet by dial up connection and do some
surfing.Then only way out i have is to reboot machine by pressing reset
button.If i dont connect internet then i am able to easily shut down PC.
Any ideas/insights would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for repyling(as always)

With Warm Regards.
Manish Bafna.
MCP and MCTS.

--
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards.

S.SubZero

Is it XP64? This is the 64bit newsgroup.

Carlos

Manish,
This is a 64-bit OSs exclusive NG.
If you are running XP 32-bit please refer to the proper NG.
When you post your question there try to explain in greater detail the
meaning of "I am not able to shut down..."
Describe in full what happens when, or after, you press Start, Shut down.

Carlos