Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Unable to access router through Firefox, works in IE

Unable to access router through Firefox, works in IE

SW Monkey

For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.

Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
latest.

Anyone have any ideas?

David Harrison

SW Monkey wrote:
> For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
> When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
> same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
>
> Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
> think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
> latest.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Have you checked your saved passwords in Firefox? I've saved duff router
passwords there before and not even remembered doing so

Try Tools->Options->Privacy, select the 'Passwords' panel then the 'View
Saved Passwords' button. Look for the entry/entries for your router's IP
address, then delete it. Return to the router's web page and try your
u-n/password again.

cheers,

David H

norm

On 13 Mar 2006 12:42:48 -0800, "SW Monkey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
>When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
>same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
>
>Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
>think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
>latest.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

enabled javascript?

avalanche*

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
>When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the
>same information going through Internet Explorer, and it works.
>
>Ive never had trouble with Firefox before, so the only thing I can
>think of its Firefox 1.5 ? I checked my router firmware, and its the
>latest.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

You might ask in alt.internet.wireless.

SW Monkey wrote:
> For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
> When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the

Does it actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?

Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
username/password from Firefox's passwords file?

> Anyone have any ideas?

My router needs javascript enabled to display its screens properly. For
example, if I try to access the router it with js disabled, it looks
like it's stuck on the login screen, even if I enter the correct
username and password.

You may be experiencing a similar problem.

SW Monkey

Z wrote:
> SW Monkey wrote:
> > For some reason, I now longer can access my router through Firefox.
> > When I access it, it will not accept my username/password. I enter the

> Does it actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?
>
> Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
> username/password from Firefox's passwords file?
>

> > Anyone have any ideas?

> My router needs javascript enabled to display its screens properly. For
> example, if I try to access the router it with js disabled, it looks
> like it's stuck on the login screen, even if I enter the correct
> username and password.
>
> You may be experiencing a similar problem.

Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?

SW Monkey wrote:
> Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
> is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?

Click on Advanced to the right of Enable JavaScript. Is everything
checked in that sub menu?

Also:

Does the router actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?

Z wrote:
> SW Monkey wrote:
> > Yep, I checked that also. Under Firefox Options -> Content, Javascript
> > is checked. Is there another place I should check for this?

> Click on Advanced to the right of Enable JavaScript. Is everything
> checked in that sub menu?
>
> Also:
>
> Does the router actually tell you the username or password is incorrect?
>
> Do you type both the username and password or rely on the stored
> username/password from Firefox's passwords file?

Everything is checked EXCEPT Hide the status bar and Change status bar
text.

I type the user/pass manually, and it comes back after 3 trys saying it
was incorrect, to reset my router blah blah blah. I also tried
Roboform, which I use, but that doesnt work either. Roboform and
manually entering in Internet Explorer works.