Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

DLink DWL-2100AP drops drives

Randy Starkey

Hi,

I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop, an
HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.

Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.

Thanks,

Randy Starkey

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Which OS is you using?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
> an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
>
> Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
> firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy Starkey

Randy Starkey

Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which OS is you using?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
>> an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
>>
>> Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
>> firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Randy Starkey

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for NIC?

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com

"Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Which OS is you using?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a DLink DWL-2100AP that drops drives when connected to my laptop,
>>> an HP pavilion with Intel wireless. Sometimes connects, sometimes not.
>>>
>>> Anyone experienced this, or have a solution? I believe I have the latest
>>> firmware. July 2007 on the DLink, and Oct on the Intel.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Randy Starkey

Randy Starkey

Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
wired connection.

So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and not
just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to a
workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.

Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
about this?

Thanks!

--Randy Starkey

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for NIC?
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
>>

>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Which OS is you using?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
>>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
>>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>>

>>> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
with the result.

configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15 minutes.
If you have more computers need to access ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com

"Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
> wired connection.
>
> So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
> not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to
> a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
>
> Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
> about this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Randy Starkey
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for
>> NIC?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Windows XP Pro on the laptop, Server 2003 Standard on my servers
>>>

>>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Randy Starkey

Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of connections
XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?

Thanks much!

--Randy Starkey

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
> with the result.
>
> configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
> AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15 minutes.
> If you have more computers need to access ...
> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
>> wired connection.
>>
>> So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
>> not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped to
>> a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
>>
>> Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
>> about this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Randy Starkey
>>

>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> have you checked if there is a new firmware for the AP and driver for
>>> NIC?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>>> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
>>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>>> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
>>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>>

>>> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

No, the autodisconnect or 10 connection are different. Even in the domain
that can have hundred and hundred connection you may still have
autodisconnect issue.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
http://www.HowToNetworking.com

"Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmm... Very interesting. I should be under 10 connections, but if the
> default is 15 minutes, then it could be disconnecting. Any way to change
> the time to never disconnect? Any way to increase the number of
> connections XP (my workstations are XP Pro) will accept at any one time?
>
> Thanks much!
>
> --Randy Starkey
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It could be autodisconnect issue. Please refer to this link and post back
>> with the result.
>>
>> configure autodisconenctTo fix this issue, you can re-configure
>> AutoDisconnect time. By default for the AutoDisconnect time is 15
>> minutes. If you have more computers need to access ...
>> http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...disconnect.htm
>>

>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Randy Starkey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yup - did both. Recently yesterday I actually had a drive dropped with a
>>> wired connection.
>>>
>>> So... It seems the problem is somehow related deeper to the network, and
>>> not just the wireless The only drives that ever drop are drives mapped
>>> to a workstation. Server mapped drives never drop.
>>>
>>> Anything you can think of that would explain that? Or where I could ask
>>> about this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Randy Starkey
>>>

>>> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Randy Starkey

OK. I wonder if I can set a large number of minutes? I'll see what a search
brings up on it. Thanks!