Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in Debug modefrom the core file.

How to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in Debug modefrom the core file.

prajakta143@gmail.com

Problem Statement:

Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in
Debug mode from the core file ::

Details ::

I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Prajakta

Mark Bluemel

> Problem Statement:
>
> Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in
> Debug mode from the core file ::
>
> Details ::
>
> I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
> mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

What is your question about C?

CBFalconer

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode
> or in Debug mode from the core file ::
>
> Details ::
>
> I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
> mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

There are no such things in the standard C language, and thus this
is off-topic in c.l.c. Talk to your compiler supplier.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
Try the download section.

andreyvul

On Jan 3, 9:33 am, Mark Bluemel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Problem Statement:

> > Is there any way to recognize the binary file is in Release mode or in
> > Debug mode from the core file ::

> > Details ::

> > I have core file with me, & wan't to know the mode of binary(Release
> > mode or in Debug mode) file from which the core is generated.

> What is your question about C?

That's compiler- and architecture-dependent. AFAIK, debug symbols are
*not* part of C89/90 or C99,
and therefore, your question is off-topic. Please post to the group
that corresponds to your compiler and not in comp.lang.c.