Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Nikon D80 Dark or Underexposed Photos

Re: Nikon D80 Dark or Underexposed Photos

mr_aloof1@hotmail.com

Thanks so much to all who responded to my query about my Nikon D80 taking
dark flash photos. You were all tremendously helpful. I'm probably just
accustomed to my Nikon FE film camera and my Canon Powershot tourist
snapshot camera. Thanks again for the info and the instruction.

Brian

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:49:47 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Thanks so much to all who responded to my query about my Nikon D80 taking
>dark flash photos. You were all tremendously helpful. I'm probably just
>accustomed to my Nikon FE film camera and my Canon Powershot tourist
>snapshot camera. Thanks again for the info and the instruction.

I have a D80 in which everything comes out dark also, and that's on 3 different monitors. Maybe my
FE2 and F3 spoiled me but every chrome I ever shot on those camera's came out properly exposed,
unlike my D80. Maybe Nikon should rethink their metering strategy. What's the sense of having an
"Auto" mode if it's worthless...... I didn't buy it to fuss with every exposure. I'm wondering if
the Canon's and the Pentax's shoot everything underexposed like the Nikons..........

Brian

Kill filters - The Enema Of The Usenet !!!!!