Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Softphone that will work with BroadVoice and is *officially* supported under Vista?

Softphone that will work with BroadVoice and is *officially* supported under Vista?

I've been using X-Lite with BroadVoice under XP. I've now moved to Vista,
but see that Counterpath don't say it's supported under Vista - even their
flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.

I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there any
softphones out there that meet my requirements?

Spock ‹(•¿•)›

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes
>I've been using X-Lite with BroadVoice under XP. I've now moved to
>Vista, but see that Counterpath don't say it's supported under Vista -
>even their flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.
>
>I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there
>any softphones out there that meet my requirements?

You could try this one http://www.zoiper.com/free.php the documentation
says it supports XP and later.
I Have tried the Windows version (but not under Vista) and the Linux
version and they both work fine.
I wouldn't install Vista on any machine I own.

--
Spock

Norbert Bartsch

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:26:51 -0000, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been using X-Lite with BroadVoice under XP. I've now moved to Vista,
>but see that Counterpath don't say it's supported under Vista - even their
>flagship Bria app doesn't list Vista.
>
>I'd like to use something that is clearly ready for Vista. Are there any
>softphones out there that meet my requirements?

Also a good one is SJPhone from SJLabs

http://www.sjlabs.com/

Support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, MAC OS, Linux and Windows
Mobile**

** Some features are implemented for Windows based computers only

Greetings

Ron

Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance. (Winston Churchill)