Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Interesting Discovery: Changing volume via "break out box knob" does not prevent the screen saver from becoming active.

Interesting Discovery: Changing volume via "break out box knob" does not prevent the screen saver from becoming active.

Skybuck Flying

In other words:

1. I was away from the PC.

2. I came back and changed the volume via the "break out box - volume knob"

3. A few seconds later Windows still went into the screen saver mode.

(If I had moved the mouse it would have not done that.)

The volume knob also trickers a volume display.

(One drawback with the volume knob is I can't see the volume level on the
hardware itself, I need the visual display, that kinda sux a bit, I rather
have hardware display volume levels, more easy to see especially during
games and such when the volume display will flicker etc)

Back to the story, so the point is: Windows a bit inconsitent here:

Mouse and keyboard inputs do prevent screen saver, other inputs like volume
knob do not.

Ha-ha !

Bye,
Skybuck