Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TTS in Excel

TTS in Excel

Jean-Pierre

How can I activate TTS in Excel? (Reading a cell in voice)
In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
Thanks

why?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:

>How can I activate TTS in Excel? (Reading a cell in voice)
>In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
>Thanks

Any particular version of Excel?

Use www.google.com and search for
TTS in Excel

HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech in Excel 2002
This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
Text-to-Speech (TTS).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986 - Similar pages

The article says,

Enable Text-to-Speech
To turn on the Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature in Microsoft Excel, do one
of the following:
On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click to select Text To
Speech.

-or-
On the Tools menu, point to Speech, and then click to select Show
Text To Speech Toolbar.

you can read the rest.

Or maybe even Excel Help, and search for Text To Speech.

Me

Jean-Pierre

On 2 ene, 18:32, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:
> >How can I activateTTSinExcel? (Reading a cell in voice)
> >In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
> >Thanks

> Any particular version ofExcel?
>
> Usewww.google.comand search forTTSinExcel
>
> HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech inExcel2002
> This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
> toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
> Text-to-Speech (TTS).http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986- Similar pages
>
> The article says,
>
> Enable Text-to-Speech
> To turn on the Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature in MicrosoftExcel, do one
> of the following:
> * On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click to select Text To
> Speech.
>
> -or-
> * On the Tools menu, point to Speech, and then click to select Show
> Text To Speech Toolbar.
>
> you can read the rest.
>
> Or maybe evenExcelHelp, and search for Text To Speech.
>
> Me

I have Excel 2003.
I have activated the toolbar TTS but icons appear pales. Help of
Microsoft only speak about Voice recognition.

why?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:58:14 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:

>On 2 ene, 18:32, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:18:58 -0800 (PST), Jean-Pierre wrote:
>> >How can I activateTTSinExcel? (Reading a cell in voice)
>> >In Control Panel, Voice is working fine.
>> >Thanks

>> Any particular version ofExcel?
>>
>> Usewww.google.comand search forTTSinExcel
>>
>> HOW TO: Use Text-to-Speech inExcel2002
>> This article describes how to use the buttons on the Text To Speech
>> toolbar. This article also describes the default behavior of
>> Text-to-Speech (TTS).http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288986- Similar pages

<snip>

>> Or maybe evenExcelHelp, and search for Text To Speech.
>>
>> Me

>I have Excel 2003.
>I have activated the toolbar TTS but icons appear pales. Help of
>Microsoft only speak about Voice recognition.

The buttons are greyed out even when you create a new workbook?

Install TTS or Uninstall/Reinstall the TTS feature from the Office Setup
from CD/DVD.

Perhaps you need to ask in a MS Excel newsgroup, try looking
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...07952&expand=1

Here is some info about the type of library files needed.
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...a-speech-code/

There are several excel user forums, find one of then and ask there.

Me