Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > xsd:uriReference

Reply
Thread Tools

xsd:uriReference

 
 
richard@tortoise.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2008
Hi All,

I seem to be unable to validate a schema using this datatype:


<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema
xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<xsd:element name="MyURI" type="xsd:uriReference"/>
</xsd:schema>


XMLSpy tells me:
"xsd:uriReference" must refer to an existing simple or complex type.

Is there something wrong with this? The textbook I'm using has
examples using this type.

Thanks for any help.
Richard
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Martin Honnen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2008
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I seem to be unable to validate a schema using this datatype:
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsd:schema
> xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <xsd:element name="MyURI" type="xsd:uriReference"/>
> </xsd:schema>
>
>
> XMLSpy tells me:
> "xsd:uriReference" must refer to an existing simple or complex type.
>
> Is there something wrong with this? The textbook I'm using has
> examples using this type.


I think there is xsd:anyURI but not xsd:uriReference.
See the specification
<URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes>


--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard@tortoise.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2008
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:13:41 +0100, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>See the specification
><URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes>


Thanks for the link Martin.

The book I'm using,'XML for the World Wide Web' by Elizabeth Castro
(2001) mentions several other datatypes which don't appear in that
chart. For example:
xsd:year
xsd:timeInstant
xsd:month

Maybe the final spec for XML Schema didn't include them. The book says
it's based on the 'last call' working draft.

Thanks for your help.
Richard
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008
On Jan 2, 1:27*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:13:41 +0100, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >See the specification
> ><URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes>

>
> Thanks for the link Martin.
>
> The book I'm using,'XML for the World Wide Web' by Elizabeth Castro
> (2001) mentions several other datatypes which don't appear in that
> chart. For example:
> xsd:year
> xsd:timeInstant
> xsd:month
>
> Maybe the final spec for XML Schema didn't include them. The book says
> it's based on the 'last call' working draft.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Richard


Semantics are unchanged check this page here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmlschema-2-20010316/
67. 2001-01-22: am: Changed name timeDuration to duration and
timeInstant to dateTime.
89. 2001-03-14: pvb: changed names of day, month, year, monthDay and
yearMonth to gDay, gMonth, gYear, gMonthDay and gYearMonth; also added
health warnings that conversion to other calendar systems may not
result in simple values

Jerry Sheehan
http://www.altova.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
richard@tortoise.demon.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-03-2008
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:29:39 -0800 (PST), Jerry
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Semantics are unchanged check this page here:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmlschema-2-20010316/


Thanks for the clarification Jerry.

Richard
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments