Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: More On DV_RW

Re: More On DV_RW

CSHong

I got a few cheapo China branded DVD+RWs that may become invisible after a
just a few rewrites. Not able to make them rewritable anymore.

Now I am using Sony and Imation, more than 10 discs and has been ok.

Look like some manufacturers did not do a good job!

--
CS Hong
Singapore

gecko

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:43:43 +0800, CSHong <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I got a few cheapo China branded DVD+RWs that may become invisible after a
>just a few rewrites. Not able to make them rewritable anymore.
>
>Now I am using Sony and Imation, more than 10 discs and has been ok.
>
>Look like some manufacturers did not do a good job!

I have come to the conclusion that I will not use RW disks at all. I
intend instead to find a way to simulate (?virtual disk) a disk in
order to test each disk before I actually burn a disk to be as sure as
I can be that a disk is (1) self-playing and (2) plays to completion.
I tried Alcohol once and couldn't make it work for making a virtual
disk. I might try to resurrect that and try again. That was a while
ago, and I am not sure I even have Alcohol around any more. Probably
don't.

HNY

Gecko