Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Invalid Page Fault Firefox 1.5.0.1

Invalid Page Fault Firefox 1.5.0.1

pixturesk@gmail.com

Recently, When I first click on the desktop Firefox icon, more often
than not, I am getting an invalid page fault error, which I close, then
re-start Firefox which again works fine. Also if I reboot my computer,
Firefox usually starts without error. Can anyone tell me what is
happening? I am running Win98 SE. I am not of the computer generation
so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

gwtc

> Recently, When I first click on the desktop Firefox icon, more often
> than not, I am getting an invalid page fault error, which I close, then
> re-start Firefox which again works fine. Also if I reboot my computer,
> Firefox usually starts without error. Can anyone tell me what is
> happening? I am running Win98 SE. I am not of the computer generation
> so please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

when you mean "invalid page fault" are you talking about the Blue
Screen? If so, then we need to know exactly what that blue screen
says. There's several and each one means something different.

pixturesk@gmail.com

Thanks GWTC. I ran an AVG scan of my entire "C" drive, found a serious
back door trojan which it fixed. Also AdAware found 5 critical objects,
which it took care of. Now Firefox is working OK again. Thanks again.