Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No internet via Linksys wireless system

No internet via Linksys wireless system

=?Utf-8?B?Um9jaw==?=

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router and WUSB54G adapter to set up a wireless
system. I had the system working and accessing the internet until I activated
the encryption. Now I'm unable to access the internet with the computer using
the adapter. It says the system is connected and the signal strength is
excellent, but it won't connect to the internet. Can anybody point me in the
right direction to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Malke

Rock wrote:

> I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router and WUSB54G adapter to set up a
> wireless system. I had the system working and accessing the internet
> until I activated the encryption. Now I'm unable to access the
> internet with the computer using the adapter. It says the system is
> connected and the signal strength is excellent, but it won't connect
> to the internet. Can anybody point me in the right direction to solve
> this problem?
>
> Thanks,

What encryption did you activate, WEP or WPA? If WPA, make sure your
hardware on both ends supports it - IOW, if the router supports WPA and
the adapter doesn't, you'll need to use WEP.

key or carefully write down the one that is there that you will use.
Now go to the wireless properties on your computer and re-enter the WEP
key. Report back if you are still having problems. Remember, if you
used a passphrase to generate the key on the router, you do not enter
the passphrase in the wireless settings on the computer. You enter in
the key itself.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User