Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Desktop Window Manager session manager freezes system

Desktop Window Manager session manager freezes system

Carlos

Anton,
Thanks for the feedback.
It is good to know what was the root cause and that we were useful too.
Carlos

"Anton" wrote:

> I went through every BIOS setting, a few of them were not what they were
> before. With all settings restored, my computer is stable again! I've been
> away for a while, maybe there was some kind of voltage drop that affected my
> system, even though it was turned off.
>
> Thank you all for your help!
>
> > Check also your BIOS settings [...]
> >
> > Carlos

Tony Sperling

A system crash may reset the BIOS on some boards. Otherwise, flashing may be
responsible too - just leaving it alone should not do it, though, unless the
battery is going flat!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...