Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Airport Express in Win XP Prof SP2 installation problems.

Airport Express in Win XP Prof SP2 installation problems.

Jan-Willem

Hi there,

I am experiencing some problems installing my new Airport Express in Windows
XP Prof SP2.

For some reason the "Airport Express assistant", the install wizard, cannot
find the Airport Express base station, but Windows does find it and connects
me to the Internet through it.

During the set up of the base station the software tells me that "Windows is
currently not authorised to manage wireless networks". Windows has to be
allowed to manage wireless networks for things to work apparently.

Can anyone tell me how I allow windows to manage wireless networks?

The Windows Zero Configuration service is started and the box 'automatically
configure wireless networks' has been checked. Am using a HP Pavilion laptop
and AM1772 Chipset wireless PCMCIA adaptor

Does anyone has a solution to this, rather frustrating, problem?

Thanx,
Jay from Amsterdam.

Jan-Willem

With a friend we figured out the solution.

Twas a long process but to cut a long story short: we downloaded the update
for the Aiport Express Assistant for Windows XP and things, sort of,
magically worked (though not the first time around).

Good luck to anyone else with this situation on their hands.

Greetz,
Jay

"Jan-Willem" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...