Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Crap Above My Header

Crap Above My Header

Ginae

hello all...

Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
top of my blog?

Yours in gratitude,
Ginae!

http://justginae.blogspot.com/

Rob Waaijenberg

Ginae schreef:
> hello all...
>
> Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
> top of my blog?
>
> Yours in gratitude,
> Ginae!
>
> http://justginae.blogspot.com/

In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts with

At the end of this element you're missing ">"

When you add the ">"
your page is okay again.

--
Rob

dorayme

In article <47798d52$0$85787$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
Rob Waaijenberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ginae schreef:
> > hello all...
> >
> > Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
> > top of my blog?
> >
> > Yours in gratitude,
> > Ginae!
> >
> > http://justginae.blogspot.com/

> In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts with
>

> At the end of this element you're missing ">"
>
> When you add the ">"
> your page is okay again.

My browsers must all have error correction for this then, I never
saw any effect from the missing ">"

This causes trouble in IE I suppose?

--
dorayme

rf

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <47798d52$0$85787$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
> Rob Waaijenberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ginae schreef:
>> > hello all...
>> >
>> > Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
>> > top of my blog?
>> >
>> > Yours in gratitude,
>> > Ginae!
>> >
>> > http://justginae.blogspot.com/

>> In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts
>> with
>>

>> At the end of this element you're missing ">"
>>
>> When you add the ">"
>> your page is okay again.

> My browsers must all have error correction for this then, I never
> saw any effect from the missing ">"
>
> This causes trouble in IE I suppose?

Yes, IE only.

Because IE simply does not understand XHTML and so the IE error correction
fails.

OP: If you use a decent browser like Firefox then the error is quite
apparent with view-source. Errors are red. Also the validator would have
told you about this error, as well as the other one thousand one hundred and
thirty four, something of a record hereabouts

--
Richard.

Ginae

On Dec 31, 6:46 pm, Rob Waaijenberg <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Ginae schreef:
>
> > hello all...

> > Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
> > top of my blog?

> > Yours in gratitude,
> > Ginae!

> >http://justginae.blogspot.com/

> In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts with
>
> At the end of this element you're missing ">"
>
> When you add the ">"
> your page is okay again.
>
> --
> Rob

Thanks Rob!

Ginae

On Dec 31, 7:02 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <47798d52$0$85787$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>,
> Rob Waaijenberg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Ginae schreef:
> > > hello all...

> > > Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
> > > top of my blog?

> > > Yours in gratitude,
> > > Ginae!

> > >http://justginae.blogspot.com/

> > In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts with

> > At the end of this element you're missing ">"

> > When you add the ">"
> > your page is okay again.

> My browsers must all have error correction for this then, I never
> saw any effect from the missing ">"
>
> This causes trouble in IE I suppose?
>
> --
> dorayme

Thanks Dorayme...
FaSoLaTeDo

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)

Ginae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thanks Dorayme...
> FaSoLaTeDo

This reminds me: If anyone sees FaSoLaTeDo wandering around
aimlessly, please tell it that dorayme has been looking for it to
complete its (i.e. dorayme's) existence...

--
dorayme

Rob Waaijenberg

Ginae schreef:
> On Dec 31, 6:46 pm, Rob Waaijenberg <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Ginae schreef:
>>
>>> hello all...
>>> Please, can someone tell me why all of a sudden, I have code at the
>>> top of my blog?
>>> Yours in gratitude,
>>> Ginae!
>>> http://justginae.blogspot.com/

>> In the <head>-section of your page, there is a meta-element that starts with
>>
>> At the end of this element you're missing ">"
>>
>> When you add the ">"
>> your page is okay again.
>>
>> --
>> Rob