Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox REPORT as IE?

Firefox REPORT as IE?

Brian

Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it were IE?

The only addons I've come across are ones which change the cosmetic look of
firefox to look like the IE browser. I want to use my firefox, but have it
report that it is IE, so websites see me as using internet explorer.

I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but that's not what I
want either. Just want the browser transmission info to be sent from firefox
as if it were IE. Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
didn't see it.

Thanks!

Spuds

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:05:59 -1000, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it were IE?
>
>The only addons I've come across are ones which change the cosmetic look of
>firefox to look like the IE browser. I want to use my firefox, but have it
>report that it is IE, so websites see me as using internet explorer.
>
>I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but that's not what I
>want either. Just want the browser transmission info to be sent from firefox
>as if it were IE. Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
>didn't see it.
>
>Thanks!

http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

Evan Platt

wrote:

>Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it were IE?
>
>The only addons I've come across are ones which change the cosmetic look of
>firefox to look like the IE browser. I want to use my firefox, but have it
>report that it is IE, so websites see me as using internet explorer.
>
>I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but that's not what I
>want either. Just want the browser transmission info to be sent from firefox
>as if it were IE. Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
>didn't see it.

User Agent Switcher plug in will do it.

Evan

Chris Jahn

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:47794bf9$0$11073$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it
> were IE?

yes, using the user-agent switcher. But it may cause problems
with rendering, if the web page serves up coded designed
specifically for IE. It can also cause internal errors with
programs starting the wrong browser, or sending information to it
incorrectly.

--
Mozilla & Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
Web page validation: http://validator.w3.org

All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.

thanatoid

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:47794bf9$0$11073$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it possible to make firefox report to websites as if it
> were IE?
>
> The only addons I've come across are ones which change the
> cosmetic look of firefox to look like the IE browser. I
> want to use my firefox, but have it report that it is IE,
> so websites see me as using internet explorer.
>
> I've found an addon which embeds IE within firefox, but
> that's not what I want either. Just want the browser
> transmission info to be sent from firefox as if it were IE.
> Any ideas? I looked all over the options for this but
> didn't see it.
>
> Thanks!

Sorry to repeat myself, my faithful readers, but IMO Firefox is
the 2nd most overrated program ever, after MS Office. Opera is a
MUCH better browser and has had a choice of what it "appears as"
for YEARS.

--
The only cure for stupidity is death.
The only cure for brilliance is death.