Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

renouart

I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second router
that connects to the internet.

My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to the
second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.

But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How do
I get them to see each other?

Thanks for any help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Basic XP -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"renouart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
> are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second
> router
> that connects to the internet.
>
> My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to
> the
> second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.
>
> But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How
> do
> I get them to see each other?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Barb Bowman

why do you have 2 routers? you really should only be using one.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Chuck [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
>are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second router
>that connects to the internet.
>
>My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to the
>second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.
>
>But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How do
>I get them to see each other?
>
>Thanks for any help.

Turn off the DHCP server on the first router (the one that does NOT provide
Internet service), and connect a LAN port on the second router to a LAN port on
the first router (NOT the WAN port).
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/file-sharing-on-lan-with-two-routers.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...o-routers.html

--