Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak G610 Crashes MY PC

Kodak G610 Crashes MY PC

MrGBojangles

I have had a Kodak C743 Camera for about a year. I had the small
recharging dock connected to my PC with no problems. I was able to
transfer etc using Kodak EasyShare software and everything was OK.

Last week I got a Kodak G610 Printer Dock as a gift. I disconnected
the old dock and attached the G610. I had to go to the Kodak site and
download a driver for the G610 and the PC (running XP) recognized it.

Everything was OK for about an hour. Then I got the blue screen of
death. After several reboots when the BSOD recurred, I disconnected
the G610 and reverted back to the prior day's settings using XP's
Restore option.

Questions:
1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. Does anyone have any advice on a workaround?

I would like the convenience of using only one dock but am afraid to
try to reconnect the G610. Maybe I should just return it?

Thanks

Bojangles

Robert Coe

:
: Last week I got a Kodak G610 Printer Dock as a gift. I disconnected
: the old dock and attached the G610. I had to go to the Kodak site and
: download a driver for the G610 and the PC (running XP) recognized it.
:
: Everything was OK for about an hour. Then I got the blue screen of
: death. After several reboots when the BSOD recurred, I disconnected
: the G610 and reverted back to the prior day's settings using XP's
: Restore option.
:
: Questions:
: 1. Has anyone else experienced this?
: 2. Does anyone have any advice on a workaround?
:
: I would like the convenience of using only one dock but am afraid to
: try to reconnect the G610. Maybe I should just return it?

Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick up
the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is known
and has been fixed.

Normally I'm not a fan of beta-testing operating systems. But this case may be
an exception. You have a good reason to want to do it, and I'm told that SP3
is in pretty good shape.

Bob

Mr. Strat

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert Coe
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick up
> the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is known
> and has been fixed.

Great advice. Nothing like running beta software and then wondering why
your computer is dorked up.

Robert Coe

: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: > Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick
: > up the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is
: > known and has been fixed.
:
: Great advice. Nothing like running beta software and then wondering why
: your computer is dorked up.

I notice that you omitted the part of my post that sort of agreed with you.
But that's OK, because the omission gave you a chance to deliver one of your
customary sarcastic ripostes. After all, what are friends for?

In Windows XP there's a fairly easy way to revert to an earlier OS image if,
say, a service pack you install turns out to do more harm than good. In all
honesty, I guess I wouldn't expect you to know that; but the OP, an actual
Windows XP user, might.

Bob