Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Aquiring N/W address

Aquiring N/W address

=?Utf-8?B?Qmh1cmlv?=

I recently secured mny wireless home N/w with WPA key. After few days once
the connection dropped and I had to reenter my key. Since then it is not
connecting to the netwrok and continues to " aquiring m/w address". I do not
see IP add assigned. I tried to open ports and recheck my key, firewall,
deleted musicmatch and real player and rebooted. Nothiing... Need help so
that I can get back to normal life..I also do not understand how a star
showed up on my connection status.

Pierrot Robert

I add the same problem and installing the WPA2 update solved it, even though
I was using WPA.

WPA2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357/en-us

Pierrot

Bhurio wrote:
> I recently secured mny wireless home N/w with WPA key. After few days
> once the connection dropped and I had to reenter my key. Since then
> it is not connecting to the netwrok and continues to " aquiring m/w
> address". I do not see IP add assigned. I tried to open ports and
> recheck my key, firewall, deleted musicmatch and real player and
> rebooted. Nothiing... Need help so that I can get back to normal
> life..I also do not understand how a star showed up on my connection
> status.

=?Utf-8?B?Qmh1cmlv?=

Thanks a lot. I will try this today.