Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Need some input on a question here.

Closed Thread

Need some input on a question here.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy
i think i said one in dis sentence
Actually Unholy, if you'd paid attention in English, you woulda known that a fullstop means the END of a sentence So it was in the sentence before that one.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

The aim was to try and make no sense what so ever. I guess it made sense, thats not fair .

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

I wish you'd try to make sense more often, ugh. Okay, can we get back to the topic at hand here?

Here's the plan. I need a case that looks decent from the get go. I'd love to get my hands on one of those NZXT Lexa cases, i think that'd be ideal but I can't afford it at the moment. Anyway, the plan is to do the following.

1. Attach the medallions from my championship belt to the case, the large one on the side with the window to light it from behind and the smaller side medallions probably located on the front of the case somehow with lighting from behind.

2. Incorporate barbed wire into the design somehow. (ECW's logo has barbed wire wrapped around it and we used it a lot in our matches).

3. Airbrush the ECW logo on the mobo side of the case.

4. Add one of our old slogans somewhere, either "It's Not For Everyone" or "Our Big Boys Kick Ass" or something. Might use "EC F'N W" instead of the logo, haven't decided.

ECW Logo:

EC F'N W:

5. Build a small scale model table, busted of course, for the top piece of the case.

Buh-Buh Ray & Devon Dudley putting Tommy Dreamer through a flaming table:

Anyone have any other cool ideas?

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I would select a Cooler Master case (my choice would be a CM Stacker or the old ATC-710 - I have 2 of them), and install a large laser-etched window using that Buh-Buh Ray flame job picture. You could also get your medalion laser-etched and installed in the front panel (in the case of the ATC-710). I'm sure Hyperkore would do it for you. Tell Tommy that BigAl sent you. Oh, the new Sun Microsystems Ultra 40 has a nice case too.

Last edited by bigal; 03-15-2006 at 06:53 PM..

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Make sure when buying a CM that the PSU is mounted from the Inside and not a Push through from the outside, thats why my machine is a non movable machine atm.

I am using my CM Praetorian 731 to show u the Frame in which the Power Supply is withheld in. Although it looks good, its a bitch. for representation purposes the Titan Robela Chassis was also display and the Frame is the Bracket in which the PSU is screwed to which is then slid into the CM Case.

MAKE SURE you dont get one of them. THEY are a BITCH!!!!

As for ur Laser Etched Window the Guy being tossed on the flaming table would be good. Although highlight out the Ppl and the Table and the flames
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 889.jpg (98.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 890.jpg (104.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 891.jpg (56.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 892.jpg (56.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by unholy; 03-16-2006 at 05:46 AM..

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

I didn't know Cooler Master made a frame for the PSU like that. Since some PSU's are larger than others (or actually deeper), that would be a big problem.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

So you wanna sell one of your cases maybe?

What about the Antec Sonata? Or one of their cases? I kinda like their new one, lemmy find a pic.

I like the clean lines of that case, also I like the brushed aluminum, it'd set off the medallions nicely.

I dunno if I'd want that pic etched into a window though, but maybe some kind of etch. How much would it set me back Al?

Also, why would I want my belt etched? It's already got my name on it.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

We said Side Panel Laser Atched Plexi

That new case looks quite good. Whats the thing on the top at the back?

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Both of my Cooler Master ATC-710 cases have been modded. One has three windows (top and both side panels), and the other one has a kidney-shaped window on the left side (when looking at the front). I don't think I want to sell these cases, mostly because one is already destined to be purchased (with it's system inside) by one of Tom's friends - when he gets the money. Another one of Tom's friends is very interested in the Globe of Retribution case (full Inwin tower with plasma globe in front). My other ATC-710 holds an excellent Athlon XP Barton 2500 system with RAID 0 dual 36GB Raptor drives. I use this system a lot, so I'd hate to see it go. The other two were not on my primary LAN (they were on the wireless LAN upstairs), and they didn't get used much.

Anyway, I like the Antec Sonata case. There are just so many good cases now, it's hard to make a decision. How about a Thermaltake Armor case???

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

You know how Modfather reacts to thermaltake gear............... (the dots were for Al to finish the sentence )

Maybe you should get that one u showed, and make sure its all covered. I think thats the best way, even if u have to like print onto the side panels

Closed Thread