Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Need some input on a question here.

Closed Thread

Need some input on a question here.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

As you know I've never had the oppertunity to actually put the Chopper PC to real use, it's too heavy for me to bring it down and hook it up at over 300lbs. Even with wheels, I can't roll it down stairs. So I was considering retiring the case and mod and putting the guts into a more managable mid tower case. Should I do this? I'd be able to at least USE the damned thing then.

If so, what case should I put it in? What should be the backbone for the new mod that the guts from the Chopper go into?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Its not the insides that count Modfather u should know that!!!

The Chopper is Sick outside, that is what modding is about, although the insides are good there, sometimes we can have everything.

I reckon u should make a Slimline case? possibly 1U(Height)?

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Not worried about it being slimline, the size isn't a problem, it's just that the Chopper, with its NoS bottle, tailpipes, big full tower case and all that, is just too heavy for me to even bring it downstairs to use it. I just want ot be able to finally make use of all that hardware I invested in.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

Maybe u should invest in a Object Lift nah just joking, it would probably break that

Considered using a testbed downstairs?

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Object lift? You mean like a forklift? Yeah that'd work, but no, I do have a dolly and did think about using it with a few bunjie cords around it, but that'd scare the hell out of me.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

if you dont mind me asking... Whats a Dolly?

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

They're also known as hand trucks, basically a frame with two wheels. Um, here, lemmy find a pic.

I couldn't find any pics of an "object lift" so maybe it's the same thing?

So I've pretty much decided on the mod I'm going to do, it's gonna be a wrestling mod, I need a doner case to start with though and I'd like one that has a nice finish or paint job to begin with, I'm not too keen on painting another case, just want to do the chop and build this time around. Any suggestions?

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i meant a like thing talk does the work for u

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Speaking no to you understooding make sense no, able say wordings not confused am not to get point making you are. English learn speak to please.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i dont like to speak english ,tit be a badish language fully of naughty words too. i think i said one in dis sentence

Is a uber large object lift

Closed Thread