Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't print to print server

Can't print to print server

=?Utf-8?B?cGVjaw==?=

I can print when hard connected to the router. I can't print with belkin 54g
wifi card. The print server is a hard connected gigafast 117e. When I send
documents the print que it shows a nondescript error. The wifi card works in
all other aspects. If I connect the laptop via cat5 the job goes through.
Anybody have an ideal on how to correct this?

JP

Robert Jacobs

Need to know how you are set up...Are you using strickly a wireless router?
or connecting to a Modem/Router combo? or some other setup.

The print server needs to be connected to the same DHCP server as your
wireless connection, to be connected.

Describe your network setup in detail please.

"peck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can print when hard connected to the router. I can't print with belkin
>54g
> wifi card. The print server is a hard connected gigafast 117e. When I send
> documents the print que it shows a nondescript error. The wifi card works
> in
> all other aspects. If I connect the laptop via cat5 the job goes through.
> Anybody have an ideal on how to correct this?
>
> JP

=?Utf-8?B?cGVjaw==?=

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router combo. The printer server is hard
connected directly to the router.

Belkin is completely without a clue on this one. They have never seen the
issue before.

I did run ethereal filtered only on the print server. The data shows
communication between the print server and laptop I am printing from. The two
IPs go back and forth with responses. Compared to capture packets from a
hardwire the initial information looks the same but the document data never
is sent.